PDA

View Full Version : may be leaving the 3geez camp for a while

speedpenguin
10-02-2004, 07:40 AM
yes i'll still try to be active on the site. but 6 days after i fixed my clutch, my starter caught on my flywheel and drained my alternator. car died on I-95. a few days after i towed it home, i was pushing the car and the driver's side door caught on a tree and broke. now it won't close.
the car also has a lot of other problems i won't know about until something else breaks. repairing everything would probably cost a couple thousand dollars. i can't do it myself because i work 40 hrs a week and i just don't know enough to trust myself to do quality work.
anyways, it may be time for a newer car.
i'm thinking a del Sol Si or maybe a civic Si.
i just wish there was a way i could keep my car...

DeathRat
10-02-2004, 07:55 AM
yes i'll still try to be active on the site. but 6 days after i fixed my clutch, my starter caught on my flywheel and drained my alternator. car died on I-95. a few days after i towed it home, i was pushing and the driver's side door caught on a tree and broke. now it won't close.
the car also has a lot of other problems i won't know about until something else breaks. repairing everything would probably cost a couple thousand dollars. i can't do it myself because i work 40 hrs a week and i just don't know enough to trust myself to do quality work.
anyways, it may be time for a newer car.
i'm thinking a del Sol Si or maybe a civic Si.
i just wish there was a way i could keep my car...
Sorry to hear man....Maybe someone else in the area can help you out?
I'm helping a fellow member get his 3rd Gen back together after an acident myself. I do mechanical, electrical & body work myself....makes it easy to make friends too.... :lol: I would help you out if I lived closer, as I hate to ANY car go to waste.

geesnow
10-02-2004, 09:59 AM
want to sell any aftermarket parts?

Neuspeed87lx
10-02-2004, 01:52 PM
sorry to hear about that man ... sorry but when i read this ....."a few days after i towed it home, i was pushing and the driver's side door caught on a tree and broke. now it won't close."

i couldnt stop laughing

TWOLOUDNPROUD
10-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Your Accord might not runing But you are still apart of 3geez so there no need for leaving 3geez.

speedpenguin
10-05-2004, 02:32 PM
i ain't leaving the site. there's still too much to learn.
seriously, this is one of the best performance sites on the web.

actually when i broke the door i was laughing pretty hard myself...

anyways, i haven't completely given up on it yet.
i may throw on a starter and alternator, tie the door shut, drive it to a garage, and have them find whatever else is wrong with it, so i don't get any nasty surprises down the road. it'd cost a lot, but it'd still be cheaper than buying another car. besides, red hatches are hard to find, and i like driving something distinctive.
if i do get rid of it, i'll part it out, but there are no aftermarket parts, however the interior's pretty clean, and everyone breaks their corner lights, so i'm sure someone would want a spare set.