PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE my Accord but she dont love me

SHURIK
10-02-2004, 09:41 AM
:sadwave: tusday night coming from work my auto trany blew like no gears no d3 no d2 no d4 and no revers my first acord blew a trany i still had revers i drove home backwards but when i got it home i found somthing that is so stupid i couldent beleave the auto trany has a powersteering sensor wich are two lines coming out the power rack and go into the speedo housing the seal in the speedo housing blew and my powersteering fluid went into my trany and mixt with the atf and coockt the crap out of my poor trany :sad2: so of i went to drop the trany out of my parts car it was somewhat easy nothing to hard ,today i raised my daily driving accord with the blown trany and i found more problems the front beam is roted like crap on the drivers side the botom fell out :ugh: is this a comon problem or is it just me my first accord had the roted beam and the same trany mix with powersteering luckly my 86 parts car has a good trany that i already took out and the beam looks good so my qetion is has anyone els had the same problem with mixing powersteering fluid with atf and has anyone els had the beam problem and how do i disabel the pover sterring sensor so it dosent f@$k me againe and is it safe to disable :sad2: :sad2: plz help cause i am considering torching my 87 lx

88accordalltheway
10-02-2004, 10:36 AM
i have heard of this problem before, but i dont know if its safe to turn the sensor on. Welcome to the board.

Klue
10-02-2004, 10:40 AM
i have a 87 lx and my tranny is great when i get my b20 i could give it to u for free if u pick it up. Iam in Ontario too,
good luck with it

Klue
10-02-2004, 10:41 AM
forgot to say if u need help with anything email me [email protected]

SHURIK
10-02-2004, 11:59 AM
yea thanks for the suport guys one of the bolts on the front beam came of wich is a realy good thing i hope the rest of them come of so easy as well cant drop the roten beam yeat or the motor and trany are going to crush my ass draind the atf it still is driping powersterring fluid
wich means i will have to do a rad flush cause if i bolt up my 86 trany i will cook it like the 87 the 87 is a sad story i got the car erly spring this year i got the thing on the road siting at a light a caby rear ended me he said he dint see me :dunno: then ran off no major damege but the rear bumper looks sagy i paid $1200.oo for the car the car had 200 000km
now it sits jaket up with with 220 000 km and a ftup trany but the body is still realy nice for a ontario accord during the time i had it i did the upper right balljoint twice the right tie rod ant a rear uper balljoint snapt as i had it at 160KM on the 403 i made a realy awsome spin my frind shit him self cause he was in the car when the balljoint snapt it was funny and also got new tiers cause the ones tht were on it were realy shity and the car was all waboly and gigli at any speed over 60km like i told u guys i love her she dont love me back at all my 86 was good all i did is just add oil and gas i got my 86 at 270 000 got it up to 350 000 km all i got was some oil a fue filters and two tiers at the scrapers for 10$

'A20A3'
10-02-2004, 02:49 PM
That was the longest sentence I have ever read. :ugh:

Good luck man I hope you get it fixed.

SHURIK
10-02-2004, 04:20 PM
yea today was kinda ok i got most the stuff out my right cv joint is ready to come out so is the left one i am also going to swap the shocks my parts car has good shocks my driving accord hops like it has hydralicks or somthing . but tomorow afternoon the trany should be out and so should the roten front suport beam , the ball joints were a pain to undo some took 2 minuts some took a half hour the guys that workt on my car overtightend evry nut and bolt , and sorry for my extra long writing i never knew wee were going to get graded on are writing skils :dunno: but thatnk u guys for the suport and hope someone out thier knows if i can disable the powersteering speed sensor with out f'ing somthing els up so yea hit me up if u know

SHURIK
10-02-2004, 08:46 PM
blump
bump

SHURIK
10-03-2004, 10:36 AM
sorry for the doble post but i fond more bad shit my right cv is fuckt
, :ugh: i got the hub off but the fucking thing dint wana come out the trany i pryde the shit out of it it wouldent snap out my left came out like nothing my right would come out an inch and thats all i put a bar in thier and had my brother kick the crap out of the bar then it came out and the

iner shaft before the teath looks like somthing was grinding it its all chew up
near the seal i dont wana pull the cv of cause its a pain and i know the bolt that gose threw the lower contol arm wont undo i will have to cut it and i dont wana do that :sad2: last night i was actuly dreaming about torching my car it was a good dream :help: :help:

smufguy
10-03-2004, 07:49 PM
the only thing i can think of a scrweed up splines on ur shaft was due to the atf and the pwr steering fluid mixing together. Its new to me that the seal on the speedo sensor fucked up on u. Thats strange. Also changing the cross memebers is not hard, but its a pain in the ass. Cause the front will come out easy once u pull the radius rod bolts from the front. The rear cross member is the hardest cause it houses the steering rack, so u gotta unbotl the 10mm bolt on the bottom of the steering column under the black cover on the floor pan to get the rack and the cross member to come down as one unit. Even then u got the lines going to it. So i would say just keep that and swap the whole thing to the one in ur parts car (including the pwr steering rack) and bolt it back up, Atleast thats how i did it.

When i got my DX, the cross memebers were rotting out, The car was in Toms river, near the shore here in NJ and with salt and what not, it was rusted. So i pulled the ones off my wrecked LX cleaned it good and sprayed it with the rubberized underbody coat so that i dont have to worry about it getting rusted (even tho it had no rust).

I swapped this with my uncle's help and i swaped both my front and rear corss members together cause i didnt feel like changing one at a time and this was all done with both the cars a foot off the ground. A lot of back breaking time, but it was done in like 3 hours, not bad.

As for your transmission. I would say just get the whole another tranny and the axles, Just till the outer boots with the balls exposed so that u dont have to knock out the spindle nut. Thats how i swappped my tranny/engine. I made sure that the axle was out (this requires removing the whole knuckle) and then to swap the knuckles to my Dx from my Lx, i just opend up the boot, took it carefully to my DX, made sure no dirt got in and then put it in how they are supposed to and it is good and i have about 25,000 miles on my car after i did that and my boots are like new and the axles never broke or leaked any fluid. So i would say do the same and i know u have done it already and about a day, u should be done with ur crossmember and ur tranny swap.

As for disabling ur speedo sensor, well dont. Just get a new seal for the replacement, get new hoses for the pwr steering line (its to lube it) and u shold be good to go.

SHURIK
10-03-2004, 09:27 PM
YEA thanks a bunch for ur suport and help today i got alot done but could have done more laying on the ground the last few days has made me sick as fuck :barf: now as tomorow i will be bolting the good trany back in place i wana know can i use synthetick atf decsetron 3 or do i have to use 2 or do i have to get special honda stuff i dont wana get the honda stuff cause one i dont have a car to get to the honda dealer 2 its to much $$ when ur on a 30$ budget and i also took the speed sensor of the blown trany and it wasent the speed sensor that fuckt me cause its all clean and new and dosent have any power fluid on it on the inside it was dry so my guess the shity dealer i got my car from used to much lucus trany shit :mad:
WARNING :NEVER USE LUCAS ANYTHING ONLY USE IT IF U WANA KILL THE PART OF UR CAR U POUR IT IN ALL IT DOSE IS EAT UR SEALS . :barf:

smufguy
10-04-2004, 05:55 AM
They dont sell Dexron 2 anymore. I was looking for it at the toyota dealership for my dad's 90 camry and the sales guy said they dont sell them anymore adn the dexron 3 works just fine. He also said any regular atf fluid works too. but this is for the honda, so call up ur local honda dealership and ask them what u can do. it should not matter.

note: even tho i got a 5spd, i dont pour any other additive to my tranny besides just the motor oil. Tho i hate additives, tranny's are good left alone.

SHURIK
10-05-2004, 05:55 AM
ok this is stupid but o forgot how to rout the brake hoeses the way i have them looks wrong can anyone find me a link of a diagram

smufguy
10-05-2004, 02:43 PM
ok this is stupid but o forgot how to rout the brake hoeses the way i have them looks wrong can anyone find me a link of a diagram

if you can specify which hoses u are talkign about, then we might be able to help you. which one exactly are u talking about? the one in the engine bay? near the master cylinder? propotioning valve? :sadwave:

SHURIK
10-06-2004, 08:52 AM
yea guys i am all fixt up my 86 lx is stript now i took the trany front suport beam rad and struts and put em in my 87 and now she puls so smooth its like new i am in love all over but it all runs and pretry good so yea i am happy i also have to get alinghnde but other then tht i am happy thaty i am done