PDA

View Full Version : question about replacing the factory cd player

munkeexxx
07-26-2002, 07:04 AM
allright.. i have a factory tape deck and a factory cd player w/ a graphic equalizer

the cd player is junk and i want to know if it is possible to take it out and put a cd deck in the slot where that cd player is..

and i could really use sum suggestions on how to get that damn tape deck out... i cant get to the friggin screw...

any help apreciated thanx

kennycm
07-26-2002, 07:15 AM
You might want to take out the entire deck and replace it with something new, and yeah, the cd deck should work. As far as getting it out, mine required a lot of tugging, angling and bruised fingers but I finally got it out. So long to that dumb old boss deck. Now it is easier to take it out and put it back in, so as long as you get it out the firs time, you should be alright. I'm not sure if I answered your questions but I know a lot about installing radios, tvs, amps, eqs, crossovers, dvd players and vcrs in cars so let me know if you need help with anything.

kennycm
07-26-2002, 07:17 AM
Oh yeah, when I started out, I practically ripped out the original factory deck because i knew that I wasn't going to use it anymore.

munkeexxx
07-26-2002, 07:33 AM
i tried to pry it out but the screw wont budge...

i just want to get the wirign harness off of the back of the tape deck for easier install of the cdplayer in the cd slot

as for the gaping whole that will be left where the tape deck is i plan to put a flip out tv in there...

whut do yah think?

87_2LSi_au
07-26-2002, 07:45 AM
my car had the factory Pionner tape deck I was lucky I only had to push it out from the back and disconect the cables and it was all out.

89accordlxi
07-26-2002, 10:35 AM
Hmmm... Never knew our accords came with a cd/cassette combo. Have you tried removing the console around the shifter and cassete tray/cupholder or what ever your car has. This might provide you with a better look at what is still holding onto the deck. That's my suggestion..

Good luck..

Peace

munkeexxx
07-26-2002, 11:55 AM
instead of a cup holder or a tape tray the cd player is right there with a graphic equalizer... i know whuts holding the deck in...one flippin screw...its in this awkward position and theres this little black box preventing me from gettin a good angle on it

Vanilla Sky
07-29-2002, 02:32 PM
if you have to, take the box out to get to the screws in the rear... i had to the first time i took my old deck out... another thing to try is a shorter screwdriver... that helps somewhat...

Derick