PDA

View Full Version : confuzed-prelude/integra trans swap ?'s

bboipinoy112
10-02-2004, 05:43 PM
which has better race gearing?
what do you have to do to swap them on?
86 prelude si tranny direct bolt on using accord axles?
what about 1st gen integra tranny's?
- any information would be nice and it would clear up things for others rather then many posts that go off topic andstart talking about other motors and trannys that didnt have any thing to do with the main post. perhaps a sticky can be made on step-by-step hybrid bolt on transmission swaps or what hybrid transmission swaps that have been done. :werd:

Klue
10-02-2004, 05:57 PM
according to what i know the accord axel wont fit the prelude tranny, but i could be wrong

maka_RTH
10-02-2004, 07:09 PM
the lude tranny bolts on. to use the teg tranny hybrid, you gotta rebuild your accord tranny using the teg gears. there's a how-to on it that i think phydeaux(hope that's right) made. the teg has better ratios for acceleration. and it's the route i'm going. plus, you can get a limited slip differential too. i don't know that one is made for the lude or accord. if you got the know-how/time, i'd say go the teg tranny route. otherwise the lude tranny is simply bolt on. also a how-to/faq on that one.

bboipinoy112
10-02-2004, 07:44 PM
ok so you use the integras internals ... and as far as gearing . . the integra has better acceleration. but you have to do extra work where as the prelude accelerates faster then the accord but not faster then the integra? . . is that just in general, stock prelude vs stock integra? or with the trannys on our 3g's? . . or it doesnt matter knowing the gearing ratios?

maka_RTH
10-02-2004, 11:55 PM
the gear ratios are tighter(faster) on the integra. followed by the lude, then the 3g as the slowest(highest top speed, slowest acceleration). basically, the teg tranny is best geared for performance, and the 3g is geared for daily driving economy, while the lude is somewhere inbetween.

bboipinoy112
10-03-2004, 10:58 AM
thank you maka_RTH . . jeez. this guy man. hes help'd me out alot :bow: . my last couple threads i have made (rare) hes been postin big big answers to my questions and needs. thanks man. :rockon:

maka_RTH
10-03-2004, 11:19 AM
hey man, no prob, just trying to help out fellow 3g'ers :rockon:

2old_honda
10-03-2004, 10:25 PM
maka's got it right. If I was doing it I wouldnt even mess with the lude tranny. From what I understand the gears are just slightly shorter the gain wouldnt be worth the work (unless your stock tranny died and you can get a lude tranny easily) If I was doing it I would go with the teg internals. Much better gain from what I understand. Also you can use the accord 5th gear with the teg internals, so your highway MPG and RPM's stay the same as with the stock tranny.

MarioBurke
10-03-2004, 11:09 PM
On the prelude tranny the 1st and 2nd gearing are the same as the accord. its the 3rd and 4th is where the difference is. Its NOT crazy like the Teg but noticeable. the 5th gear though has the same ratio maybe a little less than the accord though.

bboipinoy112
10-13-2004, 08:05 PM
ARGH GARRR GARRRRRRRR! stupid shit. well i got the integra gears into the accords bell housing... why doesnt the shift forks line up ? !?!?!?! stupid shit. im pissed off. tell me what im doing wrong !

PhydeauX
10-15-2004, 07:29 AM
Did you disassemble the gears from the shaft? Something is probalby on backwards or the forks are not sitting in their guide holes right.

andy

Justin86
10-15-2004, 07:57 AM
the trick is to attach the forks on the the gears, and put them in the same time. Other wise it is impossible to put the forks in after the gears are in place.