PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new alarm

AccordAddict
10-02-2004, 08:48 PM
I just bought a bulldog alarm for cheap and it only hooks up to the battery, so anyways i was testing it, and i connected the wire to the battery and the instructions say if its hooked up correctly it chirps 3 times, well i heard no chirps, and i pressed the arm button, and nothing! the instructions also said something like Warning: DRill all 3 screws to metal material (like firewall) but i didnt mount it yet i just tested it without mounting it and it is grounded to a screw on itself, so is the problem the alarm itself being defective, or do i need to mount it first to act as a "ground" for it to work, even though it is already grounded? plz help

MattsAccord
10-02-2004, 08:50 PM
I sure it needs a ground to work maybe you should hook it up like it says so it grounded and see if it works.

AccordAddict
10-02-2004, 09:03 PM
all it is is screwing 3 screws threw 3 holes on a mounting plate attached to the siren to mount it, i dont think it will make a diff but put 3 holes in my engine bay.

88accordalltheway
10-02-2004, 09:14 PM
maybe you blew a fuse or somthing on the alarm? im confused, did you not ground it?

AccordAddict
10-02-2004, 09:19 PM
i dont know if mounting it is technically "Grounding" It but if that is the case and i did blow a fuse by not grounding it, im gonna mount it tommorow and see what happens.

jonrichert
10-02-2004, 10:23 PM
sounds like one of those cheapo alarms that goes off when there's draw on the battery(interior light coming on when the door is busted open etc) if so it relies solely on the ground as a reference point.

if it has to be mounted to metal, then theres no question thats how it is grounded.

AccordAddict
10-04-2004, 09:00 AM
ok thanks, i screwed it on and mounted it and it works now! thanks.