PDA

View Full Version : LX - installing power windows

dmitri84
10-03-2004, 07:07 PM
hey are LX's prewired for power windows? i am wondering if i could just buy a set of switches and motors and just install them in place so that i can stop cranking them windows finally!

i am just tryin to look for alternative to those expensive power window kits i see on ebay

p.s. am talkin 4 door

smufguy
10-03-2004, 07:16 PM
LX came with power windows. It was the DX that did not come with power windows.

THe DX is not prewired for power windows. you gotta change the whole cabin wiring harness and the whole door harness to get it to stock for. I would suggest that u look at the SCC (Sports compact car) Magazine in ur local magazine store and look for the ad in it that sells easy as heck pwr windows solution. THey are much cheaper and easier to do. About couple of hundred of bucks is much easier than swapping out the whole harness and tearing up ur dash and everything. So yeah, u can choose what u want. ;)

TheSummoner101
10-05-2004, 10:10 AM
LX came with power windows.
Mine is a LX and it already has power windows :)

Vanilla Sky
10-05-2004, 10:43 AM
if he's anywhere outside of the US, the LX is the base model, with the same features as the DX

dmitri84
10-05-2004, 01:01 PM
hey, am back, thank you for your answers, but let me clarify - LX-i came with power windows and power locks, LX didnt, DX, i suppose has even less features. i am sure all of you know that, but, again, just to make it clear i have LX, which does not come with power windows or power locks.

thanks again, any help would be much appreciated. 

if he's anywhere outside of the US, the LX is the base model, with the same features as the DX

k-roy
10-05-2004, 01:32 PM
I have a LX with power windows and locks ( my Acura has manual, weird).

It should not be too dificult, just time consuming. Like it was said earlier you need to get the entire dash wiring harnesses, door panels, window motors & regulators (tracks), and switches from a salvage yard.

Personally if I were doing it I would try to get an entire 88-89 LXi parts car. You will get everything you need plus a lot of nifty other parts like better swaybars and larger front brakes. Then you will have everything to convert to fuel injection as well. if you don't have a place to store an extra car just buy one, strip it down in a weekend and have it hauled away. You can even offset the cost by selling other extra parts on this board or eBay.

One thing you will definitly need is the manual. You can download it from one of our members @ www.pauldesin.ru

good luck!

dmitri84
10-06-2004, 05:25 PM
thanks man, ill get on it as soon as i pay off my bills and get some free time

:owned:

I have a LX with power windows and locks ( my Acura has manual, weird).

It should not be too dificult, just time consuming. Like it was said earlier you need to get the entire dash wiring harnesses, door panels, window motors & regulators (tracks), and switches from a salvage yard.

Personally if I were doing it I would try to get an entire 88-89 LXi parts car. You will get everything you need plus a lot of nifty other parts like better swaybars and larger front brakes. Then you will have everything to convert to fuel injection as well. if you don't have a place to store an extra car just buy one, strip it down in a weekend and have it hauled away. You can even offset the cost by selling other extra parts on this board or eBay.

One thing you will definitly need is the manual. You can download it from one of our members @ www.pauldesin.ru

good luck!

shepherd79
10-06-2004, 05:56 PM
where do you live?
most likely you have basic accord, and if that is the case, than you can't swap the power windows.
if you live in the US and you have LX with no power options, you have DX model. it looks like someone may just swaped the letters.

if you live outside the US, than LX is the basic model. there were no DX models outside the US. it was LX with no power at all, and LXI and SEI with all the options.

parkersnine
09-14-2013, 05:39 PM
i got two complete doors with interior panels from 1989 Accord LXI coupe. I intend on putting them in a 1988 Accord 2 door DX coupe. Has anybody come up with alternative wiring solution other than pirating the harness from an LXI and rewiring the dash? It is not essential that the passenger power windows,locks or mirrors operate from the driver's side, I only need the windows to operate. The locks would be nice too! Maybe there is a thread here somewhere I have overlooked.

charliekuney
09-17-2013, 02:12 PM
To start, no coupes or hatchbacks ever came out of the factory with power locks. The DX's should have come out of the factory pre-wired for most electric options, like the windows.