PDA

View Full Version : backwards threads

train
10-03-2004, 07:58 PM
whats up with the way these threads read on this forum? the first post is at the end of the thread, and the last post is at the front. it reads backwards. this is so annoying. you have to go to the end of the thread and read backwards to make any sense of it. i'm not getting the point of this. a thread should be read from beginning to end, not end to beginning. this is the only forum i've seen that does it this way.

MrBen
10-03-2004, 08:02 PM
I don't know what you're doing but it isn't like that. Newest posts are the very first and the oldest are last.

88accordalltheway
10-03-2004, 08:19 PM
is there some other forum that is different?

jonrichert
10-03-2004, 08:22 PM
it's an option in the user cp, you can change which way it reads.

MIK3
10-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Get use to the CP, and become good friends with it. It really does work wonders...

train
10-04-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't know what you're doing but it isn't like that. Newest posts are the very first and the oldest are last.

exactly. thats backwards. the original post (the oldest post) should be first, since that post is the thread starter. the newest post (the last comment on the thread), should be last since it's the last post. doesn't that make sense? its like reading a book. you don't read back to front just because the text in the front is the oldest (first written) text. the thread should be chronologically correct.

thanks guys for informing me of the user control panel. i got it fixed. linear mode is what i was looking for. i am happy now. :)

MrBen
10-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Actually I got it backwards. 3geez defaults at oldest first and newest last, so if it was different, then you changed it.

hondamotorz
03-19-2005, 05:46 PM
mine is backwords to........... is there A way we can change this cause its really annoying

edit: ok nevermind i fixed it ( i actually read the whole post :uh: )