PDA

View Full Version : Fuel/Air Mixture Screw

sbHatch86
10-04-2004, 08:48 AM
When preforming the vaccum hose mod I had to adjust the fuel/air mixture screw. I had problems with the car starting after putting everything back so I began to adjust the idle and the fuel/air screw. The car still didnt run at all. Some how I managed to drive it back to where I live. The next day i figured out the hose problem and connected everything back. I was about to screw the fuel/air screw back in and start over when I noticed it was not there :ugh: So just for the meantime I stuck a plug in its place. I started up and ran extremely well :rockon: . I am trying to find another screw but im having trouble, anyone know where I could grab one ? Im pretty sure I need one still, cuz when I got near the tailpipe all I smelled was gas. I figured it was running rich so I took the plug and drilled a good size hole and then stuck it back in. The car still runs very well. I was wondering if that screw can affect my gas mileage in a pos./neg. manner?

accordlxi2.0
10-04-2004, 09:12 AM
oh yea, that screw is important for something so little.
you can try a junk yard or even on here, thier's guy's parting there car's out . . . . . .
and it run's well 'cause the carb is kinda "happy" . . . . .

A20A1
10-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Negative... you want the screw.

How did you do the vacuum mod? I took down the crap diagrams, casue people were bitching trying to get me to add things to the diagrams that wasn't originally intended to be there. I intend to put up the original diagram without the extras.

One thing though, keep the Air jet controller.

Civvy
10-04-2004, 10:36 AM
LOL!!! I've lost 3 of those buggars!!

sbHatch86
10-06-2004, 08:19 AM
yea Mike I used shepherd79's diagram on how to remove the vaccum hoses, in there I was told to adjust the fuel/air screw. The Air Jet Controller? Crap! I hope I didnt toss it. Is it that black cylindrical device with the A,B and C hoses comming out? Is it better if it is installed? Would the air jet controller better/worsen the gas mileage? Either way my car preforms very well now, except for the flip lid mod.(car's preformance decreses somewhat if it gets extremely hot outside, making a custom CAI to take care of that problem) Thanks for the reply.

A20A1
10-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Yeah ABC is the Air Jet... Without it you'll run very rich