PDA

View Full Version : Somebody has to help! this is rediculous!

my86dx4dr
10-05-2004, 10:20 AM
This is a problem. so much of a problem i'm junking the car. it can be fixed but its not worth it to me.

i have an oil leak.... no wait. let me refraise. car wont hold oil at all!

if i put 2 quarts in at 5pm friday. by 8pm i have a trail going down my road. and i leave a puddle in my driveway bout 3'x3'

it has a new oil pan and new gasket. but it seems like its comming from the driver side of the block. somewhere in the timeing chain area. like that cover.

my mechanic is a platinum honda trained mechanic. has his own honda shop. and still says he would have to look at the car for a couple hours because he cant diagnose the problem...(when he did oil pan)

this is rediculous... it all of a sudden blew out and started leaking this bad. it has always leaked. but this is bad...

could it be a front seal???? :sadwave:

SteveDX89
10-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Yes, have the front main seal checked. Mine went sometime during the oil pan change on my car and I thought it was the oil pan gasket not sealing right the whole time. If this thing is bad, it will leak like crazy.

shepherd79
10-05-2004, 11:34 AM
yeah sounds like crank seal.

TEXANHATCH
10-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Check the oil pump. I had a celica that when the oil pum went bad start leaking so much oil that I was not able to drive it anywhere. Adrian.

A20A1
10-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Did you check the drain Bolt or the PCV hose connection to the pan?

Also oil pan gaskets are really tricky to install... I don't care how experienced you are, those things never stay put when you're trying to bolt the pan back up.

k-roy
10-05-2004, 01:41 PM
It sounds like the main seal or oil pump is going out.
It could also be the oil filter base gasket.
Witchever it is its gonna be a real bitch to fix, or cost an arm and a leg for a mechanic to do.

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-05-2004, 02:26 PM
You didn't double gasket the filter, did you?

Very well could be the crank seal though. Clean it off with brake cleaner then do a good visual inspection, and run it and look for where it's dripping out of