PDA

View Full Version : my brake light is on...

hondaLXI
10-05-2004, 07:52 PM
i checked all of my lights in the back and the light on the guage cluster still is on. its not the ebrake light... its the back tail light one, you know the one with the minature picture of the car... what should i be looking for?

and thank you in advanced.

smufguy
10-05-2004, 09:01 PM
i have had some problems with that. I actually got the bulbs from walmart, the regular GE ones and seems like even tho they work fine, their resistance is different. I just went to the junkyard, PUlled out all 4 of them, paid the guy a dollar and it works like a charm. I even went back and got 8 more for spare. Do that.

by the way, its lot cheaper too.

Cyric_accord
10-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Look for a bulb that is either out or when you hit the brakes, doesn't light up like it should. It's just a warning light telling you one or more brake/running lights are out.

Mac
10-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Don't forget to check the high mount brake light. Have some one step on the brake and make sure all the brake lights come on. That is just a warning light for burnt out brake light bulbs.

In each tail light assembly there is a sensor that controls that light. Make sure they are connected.

howndamane
10-06-2004, 02:37 PM
a few months ago mine had the same problem both were on and couldnt be turned off unless the battery was unplugged. i drove it to the mechanic and he said it was a short and he fixed it in like 10 minutes.

FoX
10-06-2004, 05:07 PM
The number one problem i see with the people around me with 3geez is that they try to put 1157 bulbs in when they should be putting 2057 bulbs in the rear. Its in the service manual.

nswst8
10-06-2004, 06:03 PM
a few months ago mine had the same problem both were on and couldnt be turned off unless the battery was unplugged. i drove it to the mechanic and he said it was a short and he fixed it in like 10 minutes.

It was the rubber bumper on the brake pedal that depresses the brake light plunger switch when you release the brake pedal. It probably popped out and he just put a small M6 bolt and nut.
Thats what I did until i could get another from honda. It wasn't a short.

hondaLXI
10-06-2004, 07:56 PM
all my lights are working... its just one day the brake lamp light just turned on. i'll check for shorts or... it could be a bad sensor maybe?? time to bust out the haynes manual. :) thanks for your quick responses

adams86lxi
10-06-2004, 08:32 PM
i know what you mean, I took out all my tailights before i had my car painted and when i plugged them all back in after i got it painted that brake light turned on. I checked to see if all the brake lights worked and all of them do. I also made sure i had everything pluged in all the way. The light now just turns on every once in a while its weird. Some days its on some days it isnt.

hondaLXI
10-07-2004, 07:43 PM
i checked and everything is plugged in. >=S. i took each plug out then but em back in and still... brake lamp is on.

smufguy
10-08-2004, 11:08 AM
ummm did u check the BULB type number? see if they are what the manual recommends.

TheSummoner101
10-08-2004, 11:14 AM
i had that problem...replaced couple of bulbs and it was fixed....

all my bulbs were working, but didn't light up brighter when braking, so that was the problem i guess the previous owner b4 me had wrong ones in :S

but all is good now

njpeter
10-09-2004, 06:54 PM
what's thje deal with these 2057 bulbs, different height or something. I've been having fits with mine, but this old one thinks 1157...

..off to investiage 2057