PDA

View Full Version : bosch ignition

rally88lxi
10-06-2004, 11:46 AM
i was thinking about upgrading my stock ignition system, and at first i was going to go with MSD, bu then a friend told me that bosch is better. Well i found everyting needed including the coil, dist. cap, rotor, and plugs here (http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/dsp_os.cfm?vcatid=000&vcatyear=1988&vmodelid=010&vmakeid=140&vtitle=HONDA%20Accord%201988). I was wondering if anyone has used any of these parts from bosch and what they thought of them. also what wires would be best for this system?

Any help would be appreciated, i am kinda new at this car stuff. :)

HostileJava
10-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Bosch, eh, I didn't notice much difference over stock with plugs, cap, rotor, and wires, I never used there coil though, I went with MSD for that.

AccordEpicenter
10-06-2004, 01:36 PM
stay ngk on plugs... ive had bosch.. theyre better than most crap but not great..

PortugalFocus
10-06-2004, 03:42 PM
I really like Bosch. I have used their plugs and wires for quite some time now. I just recently upgraded to Iridium Plugs (NGK/Denso) and Ractive Wires (Great deal I got on them.)

Bosch I would recommend though to anyone.

Ludi Mali
10-06-2004, 04:35 PM
my bosch wires cracked within 2 weeks, i have no idea why. I haven't changed them yet tho, everything still seems to work fine,

smufguy
10-06-2004, 05:50 PM
i would say go Bosch with the cap and rotor. They are not expensive, they are like $20 for both, atleast thats how much i got mine for. For wires, go with NGK and for the plugs, i am running Bosch Platinums. They are cranky for Hotter climate but overall for the $1.55 they were not bad. I just could not get the NGK V plugs on stock from autozone so im like whatever. So just get the V power by NGK for plugs, NGK blue ignition wires, Bosch cap and Rotor and MSD universal coil. U can also get Accel if u want.