PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to get a Performance Clutch?

jteuton
07-26-2002, 12:00 PM
Where's the best place to get a brand new performance clutch?

Site
07-26-2002, 01:24 PM
check out www.nopionline.com and www.superiorracing.com/

87pimpsterdocious
07-28-2002, 12:42 AM
What's the difference between the act hd00 and the hdss? It's on the srd site.

Hoshizakido
07-28-2002, 08:17 PM
the difference is 50 dollors

RedneckRicer
07-29-2002, 01:44 AM
How about lighter Flywheels? is there any place that makes them, or can you get them turned? during my auto to 5speed, i picked up that flywheel and it was pretty heavy....

jteuton
07-29-2002, 09:09 AM
honda recommends not to resurface them...but since when did we ever listen to them?...i haven't seen a place that sells aftermarket ones. How is your swap coming along?...what kind of clutch disc are you going with?....my 5 speed is coming in on Wednesday...i ended up paying 500 dollars after i checked almost every wrecking yard in the southeast united states. I think i'm going to go with the stage 1 centerforce. Everybody talks bad about them on here but before that i had heard only good things..

jteuton
07-29-2002, 10:06 AM
well i saw a flywheel on that srd site....will it work?....its kind of pricey

88LXi68
07-29-2002, 10:22 AM
Openloop has a lightened flywheel. Jteuton what tranny are you using? when I swapped from auto to 5spd I used the 86 Prelude Si tranny. Thing is GREAT for acceleration. On the highway I need to stay around 70 for decent RPMs.

RedneckRicer
07-29-2002, 10:54 AM
i went out and bought stock, $97 for clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing... can't beat discount import. although i'd like to, i don' think i'm going to mess with my clutching until i get more motor under me. i figure all stock doesn't need a trick clutch, lol. i'm gonna start peicing together an intake and exhaust here soon though.

jteuton
07-29-2002, 11:23 AM
well i hope the stage 1 centerforce holds on when i spray the nos. Hell its only a 40 shot. The tranny is out of a 88 lxi fuel injection so i don't think the gears are quite as close as the prelude's. My friend feels confident that both of us can get it changed out on Saturday if we work all day.

RedneckRicer
07-29-2002, 11:28 AM
first time i ever pulled out a 5 speed it took me bout 3 hours, but i had dropped an auto before.... that took me bout 2 days, lol

Hoshizakido
07-29-2002, 01:43 PM
something inside my transmition went all fubar and now it wot go into gear so my guess is i lost the clutch. now what year prelude transmittion fits in our cars? is it a direct bolt on and can i still use a 3r gen accord clutch or do i have to change the clutch and flywheel?

88LXi68
07-29-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Hoshizakido
something inside my transmition went all fubar and now it wot go into gear so my guess is i lost the clutch. now what year prelude transmittion fits in our cars? is it a direct bolt on and can i still use a 3r gen accord clutch or do i have to change the clutch and flywheel?

All 1983-1987 Prelude Trannies bolt to our cars, BUT here is the deal.

The carbed prelude (Prelude S) trannies have closer gears but use a smaller flywheel and clutch. So if you want that tranny you need the lude carbed flywheel and clutch.

The fuel injected Preludes (Prelude SI) have closer gears than our Accords, but you can use the Accord flywheel. The clutch for the Si prelude and accord are the same. If you looks up clutches they will be the same part #. EVERYTHING BOLTS UP THOUGH