PDA

View Full Version : speaker problems

88accordhb
10-07-2004, 07:49 AM
well i did a search and nothing came up. one of my front speaker is gettin static. it's very noticable. i kno it's not blown, i've seen and heard blown ones and it's not that. seems like the core thing is stratching up on something else. now this is just the midbass not the tweeter. it's a jbl 5.25, rms 75 peak 225. my head unit puts out 23 rms and 52 peak per channel. can someone tell me what the problem is or if it's fixable. or help me find a thread, because i can't find it. i sent the ebay company an email sayin their speaker suck and i want a replacement, but they haven't gotten back to me.

TheSummoner101
10-07-2004, 11:57 AM
hehe never knew u got a new system :O

well i'd check the wires...one of my wires came loose, and it sounded like shit...

Vanilla Sky
10-07-2004, 12:10 PM
sounds like you have a bad connection, you've damaged your voice coil, or you have gotten dirt between the voice coil former and the pole piece... most likely the first or third... i would just about bet on it that it's the first one...

88accordhb
10-07-2004, 08:04 PM
sounds like you have a bad connection, you've damaged your voice coil, or you have gotten dirt between the voice coil former and the pole piece... most likely the first or third... i would just about bet on it that it's the first one...
thanx for the info. sounds like it is the first one. i don't kno how i would get a bad connection tho.

na, come over and help me out!

Koopsta
10-21-2004, 01:02 PM
you might wanna check the connection where the wire ataches to the speaker if its loose you will crackling and static