PDA

View Full Version : Cracks in Sub Box

AccordAddict
10-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Ok i was looking down one of the port holes on the top of my bandpass box and i noticed where a nail was inserted the end of it crackd the wood and chunks are sticking out the sides of the crack, is this bad? will it affect sound? Just wondering cuz it seems odd.

'A20A3'
10-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Damn man everytime I see one of your threads you're either buying something/considering it, or your shit is broke. :lol:

I don't think it should affect sound man, You should be good.

AccordAddict
10-07-2004, 06:48 PM
well i was reading someones paragraph about them hearing there sub starting to sound like shit and it got worse and he checked it out and it was cracked, he said he put silicone in the hole but it still sounded like shit, i was wondering if this could relate to my situation or not. so thats why im worried, thanks for the response

accordlxi2.0
10-07-2004, 06:50 PM
if the crack is little it should'nt affect it.

AccordAddict
10-07-2004, 06:51 PM
cool, thanks guys.

'A20A3'
10-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Keep you're eye on it and if it starts to increase in size then look into buying another box, or better yet, build one yourself.

Then it's 'custom'.:D

Vanilla Sky
10-07-2004, 08:37 PM
your box is now weaker... it will effect the sound, because the box is shifting more, and is nor probably rattling... this is why i would NEVER buy a pre-built box... if you build it yourself, you have more control over how well the box is built...

if you need specs to build a box to, send me (by PM) the T/S parameters of your sub and i'll measure the box that would be best for your situation...

BTW, how far are you from Jax, FL? i'm about an hour south... if you need help setting your system up, or want me to build a box, PM me and we'll see if we can come up with something