PDA

View Full Version : B series engine mounts!!! READ!!!

carotman
10-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Ok, there are quite alot of rumors that placeracing will go out of business (or already has)

Can anyone fonfirm if this is true or not?!?!?!?

If they go out of business, we'll be losing their support for B series engine mounts for our cars. This is a major problem that needs to be adressed.

If they really go out of business, we have 3 solutions.

1- We buy their spec sheets for the B series mounts and start to have them made by another company (which I think is the good approach)

2- We ask another company to do the R & D to make the custom mounts (if they are willing to do it)

3-. We get some unused mounts and have them copied. It's not a legal thing to do but if they went out of business, I guess it will be legal. I don't want them to lose some money because someone just copied the mounts but if they don't have a business anymore, it won't hurt anybody.

I heard that the Placeracing mounts weren't that geat in term of fitment. is that true?

For the guys that went with home made mounts. what did you use? modified integra mounts? Civic mounts?

We need to share all of our knowledge here because we would be losing one of our major aftermarket support.

Think of all the performance parts availability when it comes to B series engines.

The 3geez community needs your help!!!

Hash_man_Se_i
10-08-2004, 12:25 AM
I have thought about this too... I have heard from many people that placeracing parts are not of the best quality, so they don;'t seem to care... I think this is a pretty big problem for us 3geers...

I personally want to do a b-series swap into my accord, and I'm almost thinking about taking my car down to hasport next summer and getting them to make mounts and other necessary parts. I think something like this almost needs to be done, and as far as I'm concerned, hasport is probably the biggest name in Honda engine swaps.

I plan on contacting them soon to see the possibility, and possible costs of a project like this, and I will let you know what happens.

SteveDX89
10-08-2004, 04:44 AM
I would have preferred Hasport products myself but didn't much choice at the time. I was thinking of contacting them about it but I'm not driving all the way to Arizona if they need a car to try it on. As far as PRI, their customer service sucks. You can hardly ever get a hold of them and they take forever to get shit together. The fitment seems ok but the quality is questionable. I broke the PS pump bracket in half and have no idea how. I plan on adding a lot of power to my engine so I may have to go custom at some point.

night
10-08-2004, 05:56 AM
get a 2gen teg front crossbar and bolt it up, set the motor in, bolt that front mount, then have the others made. i dunno accords, but if all the axles are the same as the 88-9 LXi then they will go right into the tranny. same length. dont need 3rd piece.

im fixing to do this and i can make templates of the mounts i make if yall can be patient :p

nswst8
10-08-2004, 06:21 AM
Again if we don't, the limits of our modifications is at hand. And this is something that should not be allowed to happen. :rockon:

carotman
10-08-2004, 07:04 AM
Well nicht, if the front crossbar bolts without modifications, this indeeds solves the front mount problem. The side and rear shouldn't be that hard to do once you have a starting point.

It's all a matter of getting aftermarket support. These days, most companies will concentrate on K series engines.... I dunno if we can get mounts done for this but if we lose our B series mounts, we're not on the good way.

88LXi68
10-08-2004, 07:15 AM
so if the g2 front member fits then we can use that in conjunction with the 3 PRI mounts we already have and make it a 4mount system? That may cure the ripping of the rear mount.

silverslayer9000
10-08-2004, 07:19 AM
i have my hatch apart and would love to get a b series (b20a5) and put it in the car, so i'd be willing to make some mounts or finding ways to make it fit easily.

(oh yah this isn't silverslayer9000 this is Immeraufdemhund)

SteveDX89
10-08-2004, 08:05 AM
so if the g2 front member fits then we can use that in conjunction with the 3 PRI mounts we already have and make it a 4mount system? That may cure the ripping of the rear mount.

Exactly what I'm thinking. If it fits, I'm gonna do it at some point.

i have my hatch apart and would love to get a b series (b20a5) and put it in the car, so i'd be willing to make some mounts or finding ways to make it fit easily.

We're talking about the VTEC B's here.

MoonScryer
10-08-2004, 08:49 AM
The 2g teg front crossmember won't bolt up. The Preludes are narrower in the front than the 3g Accords. I measured all three of my cars, so I know, heh.

Now, as to mounts, you can always use the drivers and passanger side brackets from a 2g teg, but again, the Accord is wider, so it won't work as well. The drivers side you can leave stock, and then measure to death from there. There are sufficent pictures wondering around of the side mount bracket PRI made, so someone should be able to fabricate a piece from those pics if they are good or have a good machine shop.

Gregg86DX
10-08-2004, 09:01 AM
I'd be very surprised if Placeracing would sell the schematics for their mounts for a reasonable price. It would probably be cheaper to just buy a set of mounts and make copies. If I could get my hands on a set, I know I could fabricate copies pretty easily. I've always thought there was a market for the B series mounts, but not at $500+ per set. I think about half that would be reasonable retail price.

Also, does anyone know what has to be done to make axles fit? Is it just a matter of mixing and matching axles and CV joints or do you actually need to cut and weld the axles?

Gregg

night
10-08-2004, 10:46 AM
The 2g teg front crossmember won't bolt up. The Preludes are narrower in the front than the 3g Accords. I measured all three of my cars, so I know, heh.

hmmm... thats odd. guess yall are shit out of luck then. cuz it bolts right up to mine :rockon:

sporkHSP
10-08-2004, 11:08 AM
I've always thought there was a market for the B series mounts, but not at $500+ per set. I think about half that would be reasonable retail price.
Gregg

b-series mounts for like 300!!! i would buy those wicked fast. I have a hatch with 230,000 miles that would love a vtec heart transplant.

hondamanlxi
10-08-2004, 12:07 PM
id go b-series in a heartbeat if the price became reasonable!

(i know this doesnt help the thread; just trying to show that their IS interest!)

night
10-08-2004, 12:10 PM
well i was seeing if i could still help all you accord monkeys, but it might not be that easy. my car frame to frame is 55.5.
an 88 4-door accord is 56.75, and an 89 coupe is 57.25.
but the 3 12 valve mounts would all be the same obviously, so only a slotted or universal drilled tranny mount should be necessary.

we have a welder here and my boss is pretty good at it, so we *may* can work out something.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Well there seems to be quite a bit of interest here, and I must say the main drawback for me with the PRI mounts was the price, it was much to high, and you could never get in contact with them.

PM ME IF YOUR ARE SERIOUS ABOUT A MOUNT KIT.

I will then forward that info to Hasport, I would be willing to make the trip down in spring to get them to make mounts, and I will contact them with the initial number of people and see what I can do about cost and them making the kits.

89NinjaAccordLX
10-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Anyone who is trying to do a B-series swap right now and was hoping to get mounts from PRI, you's outa luck. PRI is officially out of business (in case people didn't know). My brother, Jigga89SEi is trying to put a GSR into his SE-i and upon calling some portion of PRI's barely lingering business he discovered that they ARE out of business. He told me this tonight and also asked me to come on 3geez and find out what people are doing as an alternative. Well... guess I found my answer... nothing. Well hey. I, Josh, 89ninjaaccordlx, have a set of PRI mounts, shift linkage, wiring harness, and axles sitting behind me in the basement. If anyone needs to use the mounts to get copies, and you can come up with some sort of colateral for me to hold onto, shoot me a PM.

By the way, im rolling around naked on the mounts right now. God I love em. hahahahahahahahahahahaah jk. GET AT ME!

Hash_man_Se_i
10-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Hahahha ... where abouts are you located? I'm not sure if I could do this right away, but probably soon... I am going to be visited my grandparents in Tucson, and could probably make my way to Hasport with the mounts if they would do something like that.? ... I'm definately calling them tommorow.

RobT5580
10-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Im not surprised about this news but it does suck for people wanting to do a swap. But if your willing to do some leg work i guarantee you someone will make a kit. But you have to be willing to put the effort in and maybe give your car up as a donor.

89NinjaAccordLX
10-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Well... since the leg work needed to accomplish this task appears to me to require way above the amount of energy I'm willing to put into it...

NOT IT!

Not that I havn't bent over backwards for 3geez members before... but I'm so busy right now. On this one, you guys are on your own. I live in Northern VA right now so if anyone is in the neighborhood and wants to borrow these mounts, PM me. In exchange for the mounts, I require you leave a small child in my custody until they are returned. LoL.

Yo, the game Street Racing Syndicate sucks ass. That's random and I figgered I'd throw it in.

blazin3gen
10-08-2004, 10:19 PM
For the right price I would be willing to remove my 3 mounts, bracket & Linkage. You Also have to take into consideration the axle situation. I also doubt Hasport would make Accordb Mounts, since the B series is a dying breed and they wouldn't make any profit out of this. Your best bet to convince a smaller company to make the mounts. I'm pretty sure they can probably match Civic mounts to the Accord mounts. The biggest problem would be the rear mount, since ours is centered and the B mount is towards the passenger side and the Accord cross member gets thinner towards that side. The tranny side should be pretty easy to a good welded. Take into consideration that the non popular Hasport Mounts are $600, which the Accord would be considered, since a few ppl will do them. As for Certain Ppl talking shyt about the Quality of PRI Vs Hasport, ur Full of BS. They are both the same quality, but the design is a bit funky on the PRI side, but what do you expect when they have probably have sold less than 10 of these mount kits. OSS,ME, CIVTEC,WICKEDACCORD,NINJA,88LXi68, SOME DUDE in Hawaii are the only ppl who have bought them from this site. So send me money and I'll rip those sucked for the wasted cause.

Time to pat my own back.. I barely loss off the roll to a certain Built LS/VTEC, but make u sure u bring it down in Nov. W/ a completely stock head, Non functional Dual Butterfly system, no iacv. He killed me off the line. :) Time I EMARH ppl!

jigga89SEi
10-10-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm going to attempt to make the mounts as soon as Josh brings them to me from NOVA.... I have access to a welder and torch at work... There is a good machine shop right down the street where I hope to get the templates made out of billited aluminum.. I've never attempted anything of this nature but I believe I can do it.... If all goes well I'll let you know...

I was also told the shiftlinkage from the accord could be bent to fit the B-series if this is true... I have the torch to do so...

Does anyone know specs on the axles?
I believe it is a bseries inner boot with the shaft and outter boot of the accord... If I'm wrong please let me know....

The only major issue I see is the harness... I'm not lookin forward to doing this myself but the SEi engine won't last much longer so I have no other choice...

I'll keep you all posted on my progress... Wish me Luck

jigga89SEi
10-10-2004, 04:20 PM
And as far as you all hoping for Hasport to make mounts... Good luck!!! I spoke with them on the phone last thursday... I asked them if I sent them everything they needed included model parts would they make them... They simply said "No, demand is not high enough."
and I know how the group buys are here... Everyone wants it but when it comes down to it.. No one comes through... So GOOD LUCK with that... lemme know if it works out...

and again I'll keep you posted about my progress with my project....

night
10-10-2004, 07:42 PM
i did a group buy with place racing before. no one cared then. so im not gonna bother anymore, yall can fend for yourselves.

88LXi68
10-10-2004, 07:49 PM
i did a group buy with place racing before. no one cared then. so im not gonna bother anymore, yall can fend for yourselves.

You are right...I was interested when you did it, but I couldnt afford it at that time. I do start purchasing stuff for the swap about 5months later and now I am very happy with the swap.

Lok
10-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Jigga89SEI, I think you can use the stock axles of Accord, but you need to cut and
balance the passenger side axle, please read here:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=33095

So you just need to measure and cut-balance your stock passenger side axle...

For wiring harness I strongly recomend use a stand alone ECU like POWER FC ( APEXI)
or DFI, or AEM............solves a lot of problems for the swap.

The shift linkage I think is just shortened and you must cut and weld your stock
shift-linkage ..........and many peaple have done this without use place racing's
shift linkage(who has done the same job, shortened your core-stock shift-linkage).

For power steering bracket and A/C bracket i don't know but maybe you must use the
new 'b' series compressors together with the new engine.

The only real problem are the mounts, so if there are still people in the site who care about this swap i thing the best thing is to copy place racing mounts in
one machine shop.

For TURBO-NITRO route, old A20-B20a are nice engines and i don't think that is
real need of a new B series engine swap.
For N/A power newer B series are much better because of the Huge aftermarket suport
and the availiability of parts....

racetek82
12-16-2004, 02:03 AM
Anyone still interested in loaning out their mount kits? The more complete the better. If you are, let me know what you have in mind as far as collateral, or trades. Mind you that I'm a fabricator for Weapon*R, so I can work out some good deals =) I plan to copy these, and keep the specs, so these may be available when i'm done. Please email me at [email protected] . TIA!!! :thumbup:

sporkHSP
12-16-2004, 02:29 AM
hey man, that sounds like a promising offer... I should be working at a small machine shop this summer, apparently they have alot of time between jobs, so i may be able to do some fabrication as well if i need to.

Any chance you could map out an intake system for your 3gee? I saw that you can send your specs in and you make the intake based on the specs...

shepherd79
12-16-2004, 05:07 AM
if you think that someone is going to pull out their mounts and give it to you, you are out of luck. no one is going to do that. there are handfull people who done this swap and they aren't going to share.

sporkHSP
12-16-2004, 08:17 AM
I wouldnt expect someone to pull the mounts out, but i thought that there was at least one set that had not been put in yet... didn't ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› just sell all his PRI stuff? and 88LXi68 is selling his coupe... if i had the money, id buy it and avoid having to swap my hatch, but I cant come up with the cash as of now.

SteveDX89
12-16-2004, 11:06 AM
It's funny that when this stuff was available everyone bashed the swap and said it was a waste of money and that a turbo A20 is much better. Now everyone is wanting to do the swap again. What gives? :stupid:

my86dx4dr
12-16-2004, 11:25 AM
It's funny that when this stuff was available everyone bashed the swap and said it was a waste of money and that a turbo A20 is much better. Now everyone is wanting to do the swap again. What gives? :stupid:
exactly :pc:

sporkHSP
12-16-2004, 12:16 PM
I never hated the b-series idea, but this summer a friend of mine got a JDM SiR b16 put in his 97 HX and now i understand the joys of all motor b series engines. Im still poor, but if i could make some mounts it would be alot more affordable since i have a good shot at being able to get all of the swap parts. and since i have a hatch with 230k miles on the odom. I am consitering all of the options.

carotman
12-16-2004, 02:57 PM
I guess it would just be nice to have this kind of support again. Not that many would buy them but at least the possibility is there. The price for that B series mount from placeracing was a bit steep tough.

That's why I wend with the B20A route. I got a complete engine for less than the price of the engine mounts themselves...

If the price is comparable to the other B series mounts, many people would make the jump.

IMO, the BEST thing would be to get K series mounts.......

Racetek82, If you are a fabricator/engineer for Weapon-R and have access to a 3rdgen Accord. My best bet for the future would be to make a K series mount kit.

SteveDX89
12-16-2004, 05:21 PM
The reason the mounts were so expensive is because the market for them was so small and they needed to recoup they're R&D costs. If the market for them had been larger, the price of the mounts would have come down. Look at the Hasport mounts for 84-87 Civic. They are just as expensive as PRI mounts were for us. However, the're Integra and EG and EK mounts are significantly less.

racetek82
12-17-2004, 01:21 AM
I own a 3rd Gen myself...an 86 LXi hatch. I thouught about the K-series swap, but decided againt it for a few reasons. First is because I had a B16A2 sitting here staring at me, but no K20 or K24.....and because if these guys can barely afford to do a B-series swap, then a K-series is definitely out of the question. Now I know someone has an uninstalled PRI kit, just waiting for them to share =)

sporkHSP
12-17-2004, 01:47 AM
B series engines are the cheapest alternative we have. im not looking for uber fast, i just want lower milage and more power than i currently have, id take a jdm b20 if i could get it in 5speed, but they only seem to come up when i have no money. making mounts for this would make it easier to swap when i have the engine (which is easier to get).

SteveDX89
12-17-2004, 04:58 AM
I own a 3rd Gen myself...an 86 LXi hatch. I thouught about the K-series swap, but decided againt it for a few reasons. First is because I had a B16A2 sitting here staring at me, but no K20 or K24.....and because if these guys can barely afford to do a B-series swap, then a K-series is definitely out of the question. Now I know someone has an uninstalled PRI kit, just waiting for them to share =)

A K-series swap would be uber expensive. Considering the engines are only 2 years old, they can cost as much as 6 grand. Then there's the OBD 2, hydraulic clutch, and cable shifter issues. Someone with a shit load of money who doesn't really care where it goes would be a good candidate for this swap.

sporkHSP
12-17-2004, 02:41 PM
ill stick with b series options unless someone designs a mount kit for H22's, then ill gladly go that way.

carotman
12-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Well, the B series are really good engines. If someone is willing to share, that would be awesome. However, the K series engines will become more and more and more available throughout the next years. Every single new 4cyl Honda has a K series Engine (except the civic). Cable shifters and hydraulic clutch aren't that much of a problem.

I would gladly swap a B series engine in my Accord but I kinda already have one :P

buds302
12-17-2004, 07:18 PM
i think everybody here is tryin to say that more people would do the b-series swap if they could get the mounts cheaper. i know i would if it wouldnt cost as much. i mean you spend more on the mounts and axles then you would for the engine and trans. someone correct me if im wrong but thats pretty much what everybody is saying

carotman
12-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Yup.

Axles aren't that hard to come by. i'm sure that PRI didn't make custm length axles but just mismatched parts from other Hondas...

What we need is a cheap route for the mounts. Once the engine sits in the car, the rest is a piece of cake.

4sillypwr
01-21-2005, 09:03 PM
i'll be making my own this summer. i always seem to forget about this site but i will try and remember to post them up when they are done. btw this will be into a prelude. my sister does have a 3g accord that is about to die so it's possible i could use that to make some accord mounts. we'll see how it goes.

bobdole
01-25-2005, 06:36 AM
I'm new here, but I'll introduce myself properly in the correct forum. Has anyone actually discussed this situation with pri? I checked their site today and it was updated just earlier this month and so would appear that they are still in business and just currently overhauling their website. Either way I have emailed them to inquire about whether or not the parts are still available.

SteveDX89
01-25-2005, 08:47 AM
Their website looks the same as it has the past 2 years.

bobdole
01-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Their website looks the same as it has the past 2 years.

I haven't ever been there before so I wouldn't know, but according the the page properties it's been updated as of the beginning of January.

Civvy
08-18-2005, 03:43 AM
R.E. the front crossmembers.

When I did my 'B' series swap and swapped the front crossmember on a 2g Prelude I learnt the Two 2g Prelude chassis' that were made (AB&BA) the BA is a wider chassis and sounds about right for this crossmember (BA) to bolt right up to the accord.
Therefore i had to modify the crossmember to make it fit my AB chassis.
So assuming NIGHT'S 2g Prelude is the narrower AB chassis, we understand the 2g teg crossmember bolted upright.
Blah.
My point being, you accord guys just need to modify the crossmember as i did to make the teggy one fit!

Vanilla Sky
08-18-2005, 04:11 AM
in what fashion did you have to modify the crossmember? do all the other mounts line up? what else is needed to make this work?

Civvy
08-18-2005, 05:46 AM
Sorry man i only installed a B20A1 but my point was the prelude has a wide chassis too

gr3k0sLaV
08-18-2005, 06:10 AM
Sorry man i only installed a B20A1 but my point was the prelude has a wide chassis too

Civvy, i've just recently become aware of you -- correct me if i'm wrong but you've got a 2nd gen prelude which you've put a 3rd gen B20 in, now you may or may not know but how much different is the 2nd prelude engine bay, chassis from a 3rd gen accord?

I remember some mob a while back trying to do a b20a1 into an accord, and they apprently gave up because of all the mucking around to get to fit. ANd the fact that it leans back rather than forward, however for someone with a turbo setup it would obviously provide more front room.

You got photo's of your setup?

Civvy
08-18-2005, 07:02 AM
Yea thats me, but your post got kinda confusing, do you mean a 3g accord engine or 3g Lude engine? yes, ive installed a 3g Accord engine, they are the same B20 as the 2g Ludes but sit forward rather than toward the rear.
More confusion maybe because i'm considering installing the 3g Lude engine now.
I'm afraid i dont know much about the accord bay, I have worked in a few and assumed them to be similar.
I think you must of meant the mob was infact trying to put a 3g Lude engine in his ccord?
Info from this thread points to a difference between width of the front crossmember being different from the Lude, but as i said the 2g Lude also has different size crossmembers. Further to crossmembers, I would not hessitate to custom making one with specs from the original for the tiebars.

I havent really got many pictures of my bay, but here you go.
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=67648
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/712147

gr3k0sLaV
08-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Sorry i've interpreted that you installed a Prelude 3g engine into your 2nd prelude.

But I take it that's what your CURRENTLY undertaking, which i'm curious as to how your doing it.

I've seen a photo of it done before, I think the firewall had to be massaged and otherwise, it fit, left plenty of room in the front for a turbo.

I'd love to consider a B20A swap but they are virtually non-existent here. Only ones around are the B20AX, 3rd gen preludes are everywhere.

Civvy
08-18-2005, 09:14 AM
So what you waiting for then??? throw in a A5!

gr3k0sLaV
08-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Well if I knew it could be done feasibly I would. However everyone here seems to think that it's virtually impossible.

And can't be done, but the upon realising that i've seen someone stick one in a 2nd gen prelude, seems to indicate it is possible with a fair bit of work .

Civvy
08-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Arrhh and how many people like to use their imagination? Most people would rather spend hours in the shed rebuilding 20 year old units....Doh!

Vanilla Sky
08-23-2005, 01:22 PM
if i had the money, i'd get me some lower crossmembers and have at it. just lack the money.

SmokingTires
08-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Mistake me if I'm wrong but no one has made the mounts themselves? I'm trying to do a B16A1 OBD2 swap into my 3g but I have yet to locate mounts....

Vanilla Sky
08-30-2005, 09:00 PM
oldschool swap did, and another new member came onto the board with a set of custom mounts. shouldn't be too hard. just have to know how to weld.

Swap_File
08-31-2005, 12:03 AM
I agree with what buds302 said, it seems silly to spend more on mounts and axels than on the whole engine and transmission you will be putting in.

If I could do a B series swap (B20A doesn't count, I won't be finding one in a USA junkyard) with using (mostly) home made or junkyard parts I would be very interested.

While I do not have any mounts to take measurements from, I would definately like to help, but am not sure how I could.

SteveDX89
08-31-2005, 01:42 AM
This whole issue might be resolved in the next few months.

Lok
09-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Civvy, I think is some photos of your beautiful prelude in this site?:

http://www.auiu88.dsl.pipex.com/rising.htm

From Japfest on U.K?

SmokingTires
09-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Why do you say that Steve? I haven't any luck finding specs. I have full access to a machine shop ready and willling in the S.F. Bay Area if I could only get a spec sheet.

SteveDX89
09-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Why do you say that Steve? I haven't any luck finding specs. I have full access to a machine shop ready and willling in the S.F. Bay Area if I could only get a spec sheet.

Because mounts may become available. I just need some time.

Civvy
09-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Civvy, I think is some photos of your beautiful prelude in this site?:

http://www.auiu88.dsl.pipex.com/rising.htm

From Japfest on U.K?

Yea thats me, thanx man. and 4up ont right its me cleaning the wheel of a friends marron civic

masterkillalw
09-17-2005, 09:12 AM
love it or hate it...its in...enjoy!!! Oh yea and BTW NO Place Racing Mounts here...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODY5MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODY5NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODY5NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODY5NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODY5NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODY5ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODY5OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

masterkillalw
09-17-2005, 09:12 AM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODcwMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODcwMTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODcwMjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODcwMzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Want more info go here---http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221213 ...

Legend_master
09-17-2005, 10:38 AM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODcwMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODcwMTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODcwMjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2ODcwMzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Want more info go here---http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221213 ...

looking good, are you going to make a mount for the tranny, I would suggest it for safty reasons, but definitly good work. This is the PRI mount

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/PRI-tranny4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/PRI-tranny3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/PRI-tranny2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/PRI-tranny1.jpg

masterkillalw
09-17-2005, 10:41 AM
yes. I am going to have a one made up. Plus I am going to get the drivers sied made up as well. Just so the engine fits better. The rear crossmember is just gonna get drilled and I am going to put bolts in it. With pictures like that someone can get someone to make those mounts...they don't look that well built but hey not my problem...

Legend_master
09-17-2005, 10:49 AM
yes. I am going to have a one made up. Plus I am going to get the drivers sied made up as well. Just so the engine fits better. The rear crossmember is just gonna get drilled and I am going to put bolts in it. With pictures like that someone can get someone to make those mounts...they don't look that well built but hey not my problem...

they look a little crapy, because the guy I bought them from had them welded in the car. Good luck with your project and have you put the axles in yet?

ICEMAN707
09-17-2005, 11:24 PM
hey legend master, draw up some specs on those PRI mounts bro. PM it to me. :deal:

kaltenacht
09-18-2005, 08:49 AM
:jaw: Completely awesome :omg:

SteveDX89
09-18-2005, 03:48 PM
hey legend master, draw up some specs on those PRI mounts bro. PM it to me. :deal:

Telling you people, I got the software for it. Just need the actual parts.

Legend_master
09-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Telling you people, I got the software for it. Just need the actual parts.

you should post up the schematics and see if anybody here can get the peices made.

SteveDX89
09-18-2005, 04:31 PM
you should post up the schematics and see if anybody here can get the peices made.

I can get them made as well. If you don't need to use yours yet for a little while, you can send them to me and I'll draw them up and send them back. I have no reason to keep them considering I only have one 3g and already have a set of mounts.

Legend_master
09-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I can get them made as well. If you don't need to use yours yet for a little while, you can send them to me and I'll draw them up and send them back. I have no reason to keep them considering I only have one 3g and already have a set of mounts.

I dont have a problem sending them to you, but I will be sticking the motor in very soon. I will draw the scematics up soon and post them for everybody.

Legend_master
09-18-2005, 05:41 PM
heres a quick little mock up of one of the mounts, dose this tell everything needed to be known. Let me know if anything needs to be added.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/EngineMount1.jpg

ICEMAN707
09-18-2005, 05:51 PM
i found an online machine shop with a downloadable CAD program you can use. after you are done with it, you email it back to them and they will machine the part you designed on the CAD program for you. cool eh? check it out:

http://www.emachineshop.com

ICEMAN707
09-18-2005, 05:52 PM
i found an online machine shop with a downloadable CAD program you can use. after you are done with it, you email it back to them and they will machine the part you designed on the CAD program for you. cool eh? legend master, see if you can mess with that program a bit. check it out:

http://www.emachineshop.com

oops, damn double post :stupid:

SteveDX89
09-18-2005, 06:42 PM
heres a quick little mock up of one of the mounts, dose this tell everything needed to be known. Let me know if anything needs to be added.

I think you need to be a bit more accurate. But it depends on how you have them made. My plan was to have them machined at emachineshop from solid aluminum. They wouldn't be the weld together crap like the PRI stuff. If you want some joe schmo to make them, they could probably use what you have.

ICEMAN707
09-18-2005, 06:58 PM
yep, emachineshop is the best. if you can design it, they carve it out of solid block t6061 aluminum on a milling machine. and that's one piece, per your design. not welded together.

SteveDX89
09-19-2005, 03:55 AM
Just an example of what I can do. In case it actually matters. :) This is just a generic mount. It probably won't fit anything.

http://ultimatuner.com/stevedx89/Forums/mount.jpg

Legend_master
09-19-2005, 04:07 AM
Just an example of what I can do. In case it actually matters. :) This is just a generic mount. It probably won't fit anything.

http://ultimatuner.com/stevedx89/Forums/mount.jpg

that looks good steve, I tride and got the circular part of the mount done. I was having trouble with the other peice :dunno: .

ICEMAN707
09-19-2005, 09:45 AM
nice job steve. i was having difficulty with that program. nice to see you got the hang of it. now design those mounts! :rockon:

on another note, after you design the mount housings, where do you get the bushings and bearing sleeves to put in the mounts? maybe prothane.com? i read somewhere that they carry standard 3" motor mount bushings. so does eibach or suspension techniques i believe.

Legend_master
09-19-2005, 11:21 AM
nice job steve. i was having difficulty with that program. nice to see you got the hang of it. now design those mounts! :rockon:

on another note, after you design the mount housings, where do you get the bushings and bearing sleeves to put in the mounts? maybe prothane.com? i read somewhere that they carry standard 3" motor mount bushings. so does eibach or suspension techniques i believe.

making you own polyurethane inserts is easy. Look around on the web and on honda tech. You just buy the poly and pour it into the inside of the circle on the mount and let it dry.

Legend_master
09-19-2005, 05:42 PM
I am going to a CNC machine shop tomarrow to check on have these things remade. He told me if I can sell enough of them he will make a cast so that more can be made. I will let you guys know what kinda prices we will be looking at. and steve I wouldent have a problem sending these things to you, but as close as I am to the swap and with the amount of items that get damaged and lost in the mail it kinda scares me. If all else fails maybe I can get a company around here to draw up the schematics for future use.

sporkHSP
09-19-2005, 05:44 PM
...even I may be interested in buying some... for the right price. my rex is toast, and I wouldn't mind buying another 3g to swap my b16 stuff over to.

kaltenacht
09-19-2005, 05:46 PM
What program is that, that you are using??

Legend_master
09-19-2005, 05:50 PM
...even I may be interested in buying some... for the right price. my rex is toast, and I wouldn't mind buying another 3g to swap my b16 stuff over to.

I will post up prices tommarow after I get them ready. It really is going to depend on how many people are REALLY willing to put the money upfront.

ICEMAN707
09-19-2005, 08:34 PM
so long as it's not $1000 for a set of mounts like PlaceRacing was charging.....which was rediculous, like they were on crack or something. i would buy the mounts for sure.

Legend_master
09-19-2005, 08:47 PM
so long as it's not $1000 for a set of mounts like PlaceRacing was charging.....which was rediculous, like they were on crack or something. i would buy the mounts for sure.

I also have the shift linkage now and I can measure that out also.

Doward
09-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Prices, please :)

Legend_master
09-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Prices, please :)

all in good time grasshopper :nervous:

ICEMAN707
09-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Here's a random design I made on the CAD program:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379946_217_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379946_218_full.jpg

As you can see, the design can be made if the accurate specs are there. AND as you can also see, it's made from one solid aluminum piece. Which makes it very durable. This was my plan on making my engine mounts.

For me to design the right mounts, I would first need to get a hold of and buy a b-series engine and tranny setup and set it in the 3gee engine bay properly aligned. Use posterboard as templates then make MDF wood mockups of the mounts. Then I make measurements off the wood mockups and write them all down then use the measurements to design the real mounts in the CAD program. It would be made of t6061 aluminum. Light and very strong.

But till that happens, depending on money issue, I am SOL on getting the right specs for the mounts. I've had this problem with getting the title for my Chevy Crapalier for months. I coulda sold this car months ago and made money to fund my 3gee's engine swap project. But unfortunately, my plan backfired on me cus of those incompetent assholes at the dealership. But anyways, this is where you guys with the PlaceRacing mounts come in and help out us fellow 3geezers. It would definitely save steps, that's for sure.

SteveDX89
09-20-2005, 02:48 AM
I've been wanting to do the mounts for months, I just have the engine in my car so it's not very easy to measure them. I was going to charge $400-$450 on them depending on total cost to manufacture them. Looks like Legend_Master has it now so hopefully it works out for you guys.

ICEMAN707
09-20-2005, 07:43 AM
Here is my CAD rendering of that PlaceRacing tranny mount based on those measurements by Legendmaster alone:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379946_219_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379946_220_full.jpg

Though probably not 100% accurate, I think it's pretty damn close for just eyeballing it. Need measurements of every detail of that mount to be 100% accurate.

Legend_master
09-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Well the first CNC place I went to said they could make the first set for $500+, but they do not do polyurethane. He gave me the name an Phone number of a person locally that draws proffesional schematics, so I think I will talk to that guy and have him draw up the scematics before I stick them in the car. With the schematics the CNC shop said they can make the mounts for cheaper. If it is only like $25 to make the drawing I dotn mind paying for them, but if they come out to be expensive I think a board donation would be nice since I will be posting them up for everybody on the forum to use. I will let you guys know how this works out.

p.s. Iceman that looks very similar to the mount

thegreatdane
09-20-2005, 09:25 AM
I give you props for your efforts Legend_master! A board donation for the schematics sounds like a real good idea. It's a cause I'd like to support anyway. Even if I wouldnt ever need the specs.

Legend_master
09-20-2005, 09:28 AM
I give you props for your efforts Legend_master! A board donation for the schematics sounds like a real good idea. It's a cause I'd like to support anyway. Even if I wouldnt ever need the specs.

well I just talk to the guy and we are going to meet on thursday. He said he make the schematics with no problem, but then he told me that he has a laser cad machine and can make the mounts out of whatever kind of metal we want. He also told me he can make a plastic cast to mold the polyurethane mounts out of. I will let you guys know pricing on thursday.

ICEMAN707
09-20-2005, 01:48 PM
well I just talk to the guy and we are going to meet on thursday. He said he make the schematics with no problem, but then he told me that he has a laser cad machine and can make the mounts out of whatever kind of metal we want. He also told me he can make a plastic cast to mold the polyurethane mounts out of. I will let you guys know pricing on thursday.

i knew there had to be an easier way to get measurements. the right places have a laser CAD 3D scanning machine that could scan any object you put in and would make a wire-frame schematic of the object in 3D on the screen. you've probably seen the same thing in movie special effects to where they scan the statue makacs of actors faces to make the person in computer generated form.

on the other hand. good job bro. i knew there had to be a way. im sick of people bitching about not being able to have b-series mounts and not doing anything about it. thanks for proving them wrong. if we could donate, let us know.

OOOH, that reminds me, i could start making CAD drawings and have copies made of my DC sports strut bar and sell to everyone here. not to mention a bunch of other car parts like actual adjustable front upper control arms, short shifter, sway bars, actual rear upper strut braces. no more ghetto rigging. i'll let you guys know what cool stuff come up in designs. i'm just starting to get the hang of this program. it's pretty difficult to do it manually versus having a 3D scanner.

Legend_master
09-20-2005, 01:50 PM
i knew there had to be an easier way to get measurements. the right places have a laser CAD 3D scanning machine that could scan any object you put in and would make a schematic of the object in 3D on the screen. you've probably seen the same thing in movie special effects to where they scan the statue makacs of actors faces to make the person in computer generated form.

on the other hand. good job bro. i knew there had to be a way. im sick of people bitching about not being able to have b-series mounts and not doing anything about it. thanks for proving them wrong. if we could donate, let us know.

it should not be to expensive, but lets just see how this all turns out. I think haveing the scematics will put us one step closer to haveing the mounts available again.

ICEMAN707
09-20-2005, 01:57 PM
*edit* for my last post. Added more stuff. I hope you are not in the path of hurricane RITA bro. That could screw up plans for sure. Stay safe out there and God bless.

SteveDX89
09-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Why don't you just buy polyurethance inserts from Hasport instead of pouring them?

Legend_master
09-20-2005, 06:08 PM
*edit* for my last post. Added more stuff. I hope you are not in the path of hurricane RITA bro. That could screw up plans for sure. Stay safe out there and God bless.

no I am to far north for that to hit me all we will get is a little cooler weather and hopefully some rain.

carotman
09-20-2005, 06:34 PM
I honestly would sonsider buying those engine mounts... not for my Accord but maybe for another Accord :D

w00tw00t111
09-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey legend totally switching topics but, Rita was brought up. I hope you stay safe. I'm not to terribly worried about it but, as it get's closer to saturday. I live in Houston so it's a little more worriesom then for you. But good job on the mounts, way to take initative! :)

Legend_master
09-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey legend totally switching topics but, Rita was brought up. I hope you stay safe. I'm not to terribly worried about it but, as it get's closer to saturday. I live in Houston so it's a little more worriesom then for you. But good job on the mounts, way to take initative! :)

yea thanks man, you guys stay safe down there. Make sure to leave if the town gets evacuated and if you dont, stock up on lots of water and canned food to get you through at least a week.

Legend_master
09-22-2005, 04:20 PM
well I sat down and talk with the CAD guy today and he told me that the plans could come out to be $100.00 to $200.00 they woudl all be computer generated and hard copies. He also told me the price to make the mounts would depend on how many sets we would need made. I will keep looking around for someone to do the scematics and see if there is a cheaper method. If not, I am sure we can work something out.

ICEMAN707
09-22-2005, 09:14 PM
good job legendmaster. also, see if there are other rare parts you can make schematics off of like the dc sports strut bar. the other stuff like short shifter, fully adjustable front upper control arms, rear strut bar, big brake kit brackets, etc. have to be custom made. but once the schematics are made from those, all it takes is taking it to a CNC machine shop to have it done.

it would be so cool to have a little handbook of custom 3gee parts schematics we could buy and have so we could just pick from the book which part you want made at the CNC shop as we please. it would be like a 3gee bible.

i'm attempting to make a CAD design of my dc sports strut bar right now in the program to see how it works. i will post pics later.

Legend_master
09-23-2005, 01:45 AM
good job legendmaster. also, see if there are other rare parts you can make schematics off of like the dc sports strut bar. the other stuff like short shifter, fully adjustable front upper control arms, rear strut bar, big brake kit brackets, etc. have to be custom made. but once the schematics are made from those, all it takes is taking it to a CNC machine shop to have it done.

it would be so cool to have a little handbook of custom 3gee parts schematics we could buy and have so we could just pick from the book which part you want made at the CNC shop as we please. it would be like a 3gee bible.

i'm attempting to make a CAD design of my dc sports strut bar right now in the program to see how it works. i will post pics later.

Once we get the mounts worked out we can work on the other stuff. Basically we can have anything made that is made out of metal. Well I have a freind willing to invest in this motor mount design, but he wants to keep the blueprints to us and have the mounts made and sold to other people. I am not sure what is going to happen, but I and my friend will need alteast 3-5 confermed people wanting mounts, before I will invest in makeing the mount blueprints. Let me know what you guys think and Iceman and steve pm me I want to talk to you guys about this.

ICEMAN707
09-25-2005, 11:14 AM
Off topic, but here is my CAD design for the rear strut bar:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379946_221_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379946_222_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379946_223_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379946_224_full.jpg[/center]

masterkillalw
09-29-2005, 04:45 PM
they look a little crapy, because the guy I bought them from had them welded in the car. Good luck with your project and have you put the axles in yet?

No I have not put axles in yet...I believe that the Integra axles will fit in my lude...only cuz its the same width as the integra...and if they don't fit in the hub assemblies then I have my old lude ends so I will just switch them...

ICEMAN707
10-01-2005, 11:55 PM
just curious. what are the weights of the a20a3, b18a/b/c, h22a/h23? thanks for those who replied. all i know is the H weighs 85 lbs more than the B, weighing around 370-400lbs depending on tranny. but how much does the a20 weigh?

also, any one got any updates on their swaps??

this is the cheapest and cleanest b18c GSR engine i've seen by far, too bad shipping will be a raping since it's located in japan and it takes a month or 2 to receive. but $1200 + +$600 shipping is still cheap for a GSR with super low miles:
http://www1.odn.ne.jp/japanautos/DSCF1469.JPG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8002721541&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

here's a 400hp built turbo b16a motor, yummmmmmmm:
http://i10.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/ef/78/f0_12_sb.JPG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8001673142&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

ICEMAN707
10-05-2005, 12:50 AM
SORRY for going off topic and into H-series swaps, but here's the "big boy" h22a in a CRX/EF chassis:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3918/EF13.JPG

....but i would be going for the bigger boy, the h23a in the Accord type R's in japan:

http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/16/2d/b3_1.JPG

ICEMAN707
10-05-2005, 01:27 AM
now this is one fast honda! - just imagine that same exact setup (minus mounts and axles), but in a 3gee shell....

http://www.guideauto.com/AlbumPhoto/meilleur261528664.jpg
http://www.guideauto.com/AlbumPhoto/meilleur261528663.jpg
http://www.guideauto.com/AlbumPhoto/meilleur261528665.jpg
http://www.guideauto.com/AlbumPhoto/meilleur261528666.jpg

ICEMAN707
10-05-2005, 02:05 AM
these red mounts are something i would need to make as well (custom tranny mount and weld in bracket for the tranny, and bracket for clutch cable - hydro tranny):
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTU5NjI4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
more pics here: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=613077

i also noticed something else, the front black bracket shown here can be replaced with a custom one that allows the h22a to sit on our stock a20 mount:
http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/16/2d/b3_1.JPG

probably have to relocate the mount more towards the passenger side and tap holes into the front crossmember to bolt the mount back up. if not, you can modify the custom bracket instead, rather than move the mount. but i'm hoping the stock location of that mount is dead on for the h22a. cus from the looks of it, that bracket's location is the center of gravity for the h22a engine + tranny and our front a20 mount is exactly in the middle. as for the rear mount, the same can be done. the point is, keeping our existing mounts.

the driver's side mount? custom made. unless you wanna cut up the unibody bracket and weld in a wider piece to fit a stock h22a mount. whichever is easier for you.

axles? 4gee intermediate shaft and axles with 4gee inners/3gee outers (might have to take to a machine shop to cut and balance, but hopefully you dont have to). i would try stock 4gee axles first and go from there. hopefully the outers, its splines, match up with the 3gee hubs and the lengths are dead on. BUT on the other hand, i've read in honda-tech.com that some are making adapter plates to fit the shorter geared b-series trannies to the H22/23's. THEN you would have to use 2nd gen teg axles and repeat the same process. just imagine the torque of the h-series with a b-series type r gearbox :rockon:
ok moving on...

wiring? complete lude or 4gee harness with p28 ecu chipped hondata or uberdata.

shift linkage? since h22's/h23's use cables instead of rods, all you need is a lude or 4gee shifter custom fitted in place of the 3gee's shifter.

anything else i forgot, you figure it out. but i think the only problem i see is the speedo since ours is cable run. but since i would redo my dash in fiberglass anyways, i can custom mold in a prelude or 4gee cluster to fix that problem. :rockon:

Civvy
10-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Iceman you got a link for that rex?? Is that a boosted H22?

ICEMAN707
10-05-2005, 02:27 AM
Iceman you got a link for that rex?? Is that a boosted H22?

yep, one mean biatch!
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=711900&page=15

here's another one:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=613077

and the best part is, these guys did it themselves. no h22a mount kit is yet out for sale for the crx. there are a couple in development by hasport and enjo, but those are still under development.

stat1K
10-05-2005, 04:54 PM
i always wanted to put an h22 into my 3g i just never thought it past that, but ever since seeing a 3g with a b series i've been sold on the idea of having a b16a1, i'd pay more than 500 bucks for some mounts, has anyone found out more or is this idea pretty much gone? i'd really like to know.

ICEMAN707
10-05-2005, 05:03 PM
oh the idea is there, lots of them in fact. and it can be done. it just takes a combination of time, skills, patience, and money. me, i got the skills, i can make the time, i have lots of patience, but i dont have the money (for now at least). that's all that's holding me back. i believe i've done alot of research into h22 crx swaps to feel confident enough to do the same thing to the 3gee. just gotta compensate for the mounts and axles. everything else involved in the crx h22 swap can be copied over to the 3gee.

i believe the a20 and h22 are about the same weight so we don't have that much of a weight distribution problem like the crx's. besides, the whole back of my car is gonna be filled with audio/video system components. that's gonna add alot of weight to the back and my weight distribution should be about even. hopefully not too much, but we'll see. if the swap does succeed, i would probably do it over again but this time in a hatch or coupe. now that one would have all the performance goodies....making it my street racer/weekend warrior and the sedan my show car/weekend cruiser...my 2 dream 3geez...best of both worlds. :rockon:

snoopyloopy
10-05-2005, 05:36 PM
i always wanted to put an h22 into my 3g i just never thought it past that, but ever since seeing a 3g with a b series i've been sold on the idea of having a b16a1, i'd pay more than 500 bucks for some mounts, has anyone found out more or is this idea pretty much gone? i'd really like to know.
this whole thread is based on the idea that someone is taking the time and money to do some r&d and make a blueprint for 3g b-series mounts since hasport no longer makes them and won't share/sell theirs. so keep checking back and see what comes up.

stat1K
10-05-2005, 08:35 PM
i understand the idea is there, i've read this thread over and over, but the main people that were talking about haven't seemed to respond about it in like 2 weeks or so, i guess i'm just impatient :sad2:

ICEMAN707
10-05-2005, 08:38 PM
care to donate to the iceman jdm h23a swap fund??? i'd gladly finish this swap in time for christmas if everybody chips in....hehe :deal:

ICEMAN707
10-05-2005, 09:18 PM
i know you are kidding cus that's more than enough room for a forced induction setup....LOL :slap: as for that guy, not much hope in him cus he never finished it. where the hell did he go anyways?

masterkillalw
10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I also have the shift linkage now and I can measure that out also.

Hey legend...wanna do me a favor and measure how long that linkage is???

my86dx4dr
10-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Like I said before though, if I had the time and a couple more bucks, I'd totally take the 3SGTE route. ;)
Fuck that! :pc: go BUY a 4th gen celi and its a direct swap, why spend all that money to put that ina honda? :uh:

3sgte in a 3g :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowrofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Legend_master
10-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Hey legend...wanna do me a favor and measure how long that linkage is???

Yea I get some #'s up

masterkillalw
10-08-2005, 07:56 PM
well I picked up a set of a Axles for a 1990 Integra and they are to big for my hubs...kinda like I planned...now I heard that the 3rd gen accord hubs where bigger then my lude ones...I have a friend right down the street from me thats got a 3rd gen so I am gonna take one of my axles down and see if they will fit...if so then I will go out and get 3rd gen accord hub assemblies and use those...length looks real good...there is a lil play in axles but not too much...everything is looking decent...just gonna have to spend more $$$ on hubs...

SteveDX89
10-09-2005, 04:05 PM
well I picked up a set of a Axles for a 1990 Integra and they are to big for my hubs...kinda like I planned...now I heard that the 3rd gen accord hubs where bigger then my lude ones...I have a friend right down the street from me thats got a 3rd gen so I am gonna take one of my axles down and see if they will fit...if so then I will go out and get 3rd gen accord hub assemblies and use those...length looks real good...there is a lil play in axles but not too much...everything is looking decent...just gonna have to spend more $$$ on hubs...

Uh, why don't you just use the outer CV joint from the Accord on the Teg axles? I'm sure that's much cheaper than getting different hubs to fit.

stat1K
10-09-2005, 08:18 PM
ok so about motor mounts, like the name of the thread implies... i know steve's has the paceracing mounts if i'm not mistaken, but i read in someone's faq that you can weld a b series mount (like from hasport) to a plate and align the holes that way to get it to fit, has this actually been done by anyone or is it just a theory, i imagine if you were going to increase the torque dramatically, like using the b series as a racing platform, you would have to have some pretty strong welds... anyone got any info on this?

oh and did the guy who was gonna talk to hasport ever actually call them, because i live in az and i know right where they are and if they were willing i'd go down there and pay the money if they were willing to do some work i guess i should call them :sad2:

ICEMAN707
10-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Uh, why don't you just use the outer CV joint from the Accord on the Teg axles? I'm sure that's much cheaper than getting different hubs to fit.

he has a 2nd gen lude. maybe even carbed with smaller hubs. maybe it's different than 3gee hubs? :dunno:

stat1K
10-10-2005, 05:24 PM
i thought this thread was about b series mounts...

masterkillalw
10-10-2005, 05:33 PM
ur right...looking to get maybe the whole knuckle with hubs and all...we will see very soon...

gfrg88
10-10-2005, 07:15 PM
stat1k this is about b series mounts, its just the people working on these mounts do need some money and some "reasearching" to finish them.....

stat1K
10-10-2005, 07:25 PM
that's not my point, my point is they keep talking about a 2gee lude cus that has to do with b series mounts right............... oh and no one ever answered my question about the welding of the mounts.

masterkillalw
10-11-2005, 01:56 PM
well my 2nd gen lude is ALMOST like ur 3rd gen accord...so my work helps some of u guys out...if u paid just a lil more attention u would have known that...anyways...I think I am gonna go down the street to my friends house and check the axle sizes out...got a guy a preludepower.com that says his B16 axles slide right in to a 3geez hub...so like I said I think I am just gonna go find some hubs...

A20A1
10-11-2005, 02:28 PM
I may be imagining things but it seems like the H22? header will hit the front beam in that pic.

Legend_master
10-11-2005, 05:58 PM
well my 2nd gen lude is ALMOST like ur 3rd gen accord...so my work helps some of u guys out...if u paid just a lil more attention u would have known that...anyways...I think I am gonna go down the street to my friends house and check the axle sizes out...got a guy a preludepower.com that says his B16 axles slide right in to a 3geez hub...so like I said I think I am just gonna go find some hubs...

Please check and see if those axles fit. Another member on this forum said that they did, but I would like to be positive about it before I start my swap. Good luck with the swap. A20a1 I think the fact that the motor leans back keeps the header from hitting the front beam.

Legend_master
10-11-2005, 05:58 PM

Please check and see if those axles fit. Another member on this forum said that they did, but I would like to be positive about it before I start my swap. Good luck with the swap. A20a1 I think the fact that the motor leans back keeps the header from hitting the front beam.

masterkillalw
10-12-2005, 01:33 PM

Will do...oh and did u get those number's???

masterkillalw
10-12-2005, 01:33 PM

gfrg88
10-13-2005, 07:44 PM
holy shit the last 3 post were all double posts =P......

masterkillalw
10-13-2005, 07:47 PM
yea I think something was up with the site at that time...

Legend_master
10-14-2005, 12:37 AM

from the back all the way up to the weld mark that attaches the b-series linkage part is 35 inches.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/shiftlinkage.jpg

SQ is the SQUAD
10-14-2005, 06:08 AM
i brought a 90 integra 4 dr for my sister, but it started to run into problems with the fuel pump and she really wanted a 2 dr, so i may end up pulling that motor and drilling out the mount brackets wo weld them into the accord and just junk the integra frame. i only paid 300 for the whole car and the motor does run, but needs a new clutch which i can do if i have the motor out already. waiting on someone to come up with mounts is taking wayy to long, plus i can run this motor while i build up my b20b

SQ is the SQUAD
10-16-2005, 03:29 PM
i took the engine out today, it was a bitch but i got it out. now i just got to wait so i can drill out the mount brackets and weld them into my car

Legend_master
10-16-2005, 08:25 PM
i took the engine out today, it was a bitch but i got it out. now i just got to wait so i can drill out the mount brackets and weld them into my car

make sure to align the right so that the motor dosent vibrate or anything like that in the car. Good luck with the project

SQ is the SQUAD
10-17-2005, 09:45 AM
has any1 tried modifing a DA's shift linkage to work. if i rember ill write down my measurements for whoever wants to make the mod

masterkillalw
10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
I am working on that...hopefully I will borrow a saw zaw and cut it to the length I need...then weld it back up...

SQ is the SQUAD
11-09-2005, 09:19 AM
any word on that shift linkage, i just ordered a teg short shifter and polyuathine bushing kit

masterkillalw
11-09-2005, 07:32 PM
not yet...gonna take some looks tommorrow when I switch the front knuckles over...hopefully be sending the linkages to the shop to have them cut and reweld up...get more info tom. night

Legend_master
12-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Just wanted to let everybody know that the PRI shift linkage is Identical to the factory one in length. They jsut put the end of the integra one onto it. Here are some pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/Shiftlinkagecomparison2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/Shiftlinkagecomparison1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/shiftlinkagecomparison.jpg

ICEMAN707
12-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Just wanted to let everybody know that the PRI shift linkage is Identical to the factory one in length. They jsut put the end of the integra one onto it.

good job. isn't there a torque rod too? do you still keep the torque rod and just swap the shift rod? keep us updated on your progress. are you making schematics or copies of those mounts yet?

Legend_master
12-31-2005, 12:03 PM
good job. isn't there a torque rod too? do you still keep the torque rod and just swap the shift rod? keep us updated on your progress. are you making schematics or copies of those mounts yet?

yes you just use the factory TQ rod, as for the schmatics of the mounts I dont think I will be able to do that. The price of getting the schematics is not worth it to me.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-01-2006, 08:37 PM
that is funny, good thing i still got both shif linkages

Legend_master
01-02-2006, 08:24 AM
that is funny, good thing i still got both shif linkages

Did you change your name?

SQ is the SQUAD
01-02-2006, 10:15 AM
yeah

Legend_master
01-02-2006, 10:25 AM
yeah

alright, I thought I was going crazy for a second there.:uh:

jays88hatch
01-22-2006, 11:39 AM
good plan guys but it will take too long for anyone to make a set of mounts and then market them affordably I want b series now not next year!