PDA

View Full Version : Inza red pearl " question about moldings"

88Accord-DX
10-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Here is paint for my car. Painting my car this weekend. This is the icing on the Konis Cake. :lol: I have a question for all my fellow 3g's on the serious note. Should I paint my door moldings on the side and all of the front bumper? Also, should I tape off the little fender well piece around the back tire? If any of you have a suggestions on what to tape off, post it here. Anything not red is going to be black. That is urethane paint and clear coat. (Base coat, clear coat) Thanks :dunno:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/paint.jpg

Could have been in apperance, but wanted to keep it the icing with the cake. :kekeke:
Here you go with the car, all the moldings are in place BTW. (just an old pic)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/pic9-22front.jpg

Here is my other car (wifes') I painted last year with no clear (acrylic enamel)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/grandam1.jpg

jigga225
10-07-2004, 11:33 PM
whats up man.
I think if you're going with that red, then the moldings would look good painted as well. Just dont go EVERYTHING RED... like leave the chrome around the grill, and the eyelids and corners (dont paint them red, i wouldn't)

88Accord-DX
10-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Whuts up man? Naw, can't go with eyelids red or the grille. I plan on taking off the rear view mirrors too. (leaving them black).

P.S. Thanks for the late "happy B-day". I like your quote cause that is how I'm feelin' with slammin my wheels. Feelin it! :werd:

PortugalFocus
10-08-2004, 06:00 AM
hey man I would paint the mirrors body color... I think it would look 100x better.

thegreatdane
10-08-2004, 06:39 AM
Definately paint the mirrors too when your going with that red thing and also do the moldings.

AccordArizona89
10-08-2004, 04:22 PM
make shure u do the mirrors right. it seems like there a different plastic and it might be 10x's more effective to chip

88Accord-DX
10-09-2004, 05:16 AM
Took the mirrors off, not sure if I want to paint them or not. Moldings will be painted. Tired from pulling an all nighter taping off. Painting today.

88accordalltheway
10-09-2004, 05:32 AM
good luck and get some pics as soon as your done. And yes paint the miorrors. dont paint the chrome around the windows either.

88Accord-DX
10-09-2004, 04:31 PM
good luck and get some pics as soon as your done. And yes paint the miorrors. dont paint the chrome around the windows either.
Plan on painting the mirrors black, just cause there is a plastic piece on the mirrors and don't need no chips. I will post some pics. Working on my final coat, still have the clear coat to put on. Been a long day, tired and little buzzin on the fumes. :rolleyes:

myaccord7
10-09-2004, 07:11 PM
paint them

AQcz
10-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Probably painted by now since you said over the weekend, but i'd like to see the pics.

88Accord-DX
10-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Probably painted by now since you said over the weekend, but i'd like to see the pics.
I'll post some pics in a few days. It took 3 days to do. Clear coat is drying. I have a couple of runs I have to get out. The mirrors will be painted next weekend. Ran out of paint.