PDA

View Full Version : have to turn right t go straight

SHURIK
10-10-2004, 10:40 AM
ok my steering is fuckt up i have to pull right to go sraight i had a friend do an ilingment well the alingment is goot just the weel has to be turnd right to go straight can anyone tell me how can i fix this without touching the alingment
:help:

A20A1
10-10-2004, 11:50 AM
maybe you have crazy tire wear on one tire... so the car puls more on one side... I dunno, I'm not a suspension person.

k-roy
10-10-2004, 12:02 PM
you probably just need to realign the wheel if the suspension checked out ok.
On the center of the steering wheel pop off the H emblem and remove the 19mm nut. Then you can pull off the wheel and re center it.

shepherd79
10-10-2004, 12:13 PM
check the tire pressure if the car pulls to the right or left.

A20A1
10-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Good one Alex... I guess I was stabbing itn the right direction. :D

k-roy
10-10-2004, 04:01 PM
oh crap, I just remembered that it could also be the brake caliper starting to seize

SHURIK
10-10-2004, 09:08 PM
well the ilingment is good well it wont get any better then it is 0.36 on both sides the toe and it wont get any better its not the brake cause i had them off like last week when i was swaping tranys i just took the weeal of my old accord took all the plastick off of it and put her on and senterd it ,it seems to be ok but i still have to fuck with the car to get her to the sweet point still gota adjust the throtel cable its to lose no pedle response and i will try dumping all the vac lines tomorow or most of them

TheSummoner101
10-11-2004, 01:58 PM
my car has a similar problem, but im not bothered with it, since it only happens on some freeways....

when im driving it at 70+ on some highways the car starts to pull to left AND right and the ppl behind me think im drunk or something :P but most of the time its fine

smufguy
10-11-2004, 02:21 PM
a) so ur saying that if ur car is going straight the steering wheel looks crooked?

or are

b) you saying that ur car pulls to one side?

If its

a) your steering wheel was probably not centered. to correct this, take ur car to an empty parking lot and drive straight, irrespective of the steering wheel. then without turning stop the car and remove the steering wheel (no unplugging of wires is needed) and then just put in back straight. It has splines in it for guide.

b) your alignment is still not right. it will show up on the printout and on the screen if the numbers are not right. If they are right then they will not do anything crazy.

great86er
10-12-2004, 10:06 AM
a bent frame can cause the car to pull to one side.
low tire pressure, uneven tire wear, different tire sizes, different tires brands can cause this as well, a brake caliper not opening up far enough, worn struts or bushings. hope this helps...

SHURIK
10-16-2004, 01:00 AM
well my alingment wont get better then 0.36 wich is like no bad at all but i senterd the steerin wheal and and its good so i dont care

SHURIK
10-16-2004, 01:08 AM
lso my steering is loose like lots of play before the car turns left and right how do i tighten then up

Blkblurr
10-16-2004, 05:24 AM
The alignment was not done properly. All the adjustment for toe in was most likely taken on one side. This can cause your steering wheel to be off center after the alingment was done. Take it to a professional to have the alingment done properly. Be sure to tell them about the steering wheel problem.

smufguy
10-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Shurik. This is what you do. move the carpet near the bottom of the steering wheel and remove the black plastic cover. then u will see the steering column with spines mated to the reciever in the rack. get a 10mm socket or a wrench to it and tighten that bolt. If its loose, it will cause slack in the steering wheel. I had mind like that would make the car wabble in turns cause u have to overcorrect it, it turned out to be that loose bolt. Tightened it and its good now. Also, if the alignment is not right then have them fix it.

Lets say your driver side front is like -0.35 deg and ur right side is a perfect '0', i would say have your right side match the left side. as in, ask them to set the right side to -0.36 camber too. this is only because u dont want the car to pull to one side, or have them over correct it by adjusting the toe and caster. A lot of alignment shops dont know how to do our caster which really stinks.

SHURIK
10-16-2004, 05:37 PM
well the problem is i hit a curb doing 80 some african goat joky cut me off
i was in the side lane he was in the second lane and all of a suden he tryde turning into a side street i slamd my brakes he herd the tier screech and stopt infornt of me sidewayse all i could do is hop the curb if i dint curb my car i would have probly killd his his goat fucking friend in the pasenger seat and the dirty cock sucker ran of like crazy ran off i couldent catch up to him and go figure two nigirean cocksuckers in a toyota camry thats worht les then my rim that i killed and thier car wasent playted
i have nothing against black ppl but i hate nigers :mad:

smufguy
10-19-2004, 02:38 PM
whoa, shurik, i understand your fury, but that language might get u into trouble dude. :(

SHURIK
10-19-2004, 04:02 PM
LIKE I side it i am ok with black ppl i just dont like ppl that are pricks

Bryan
10-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Woah man don't play the race card here. That doesn't score good points.

TheSummoner101
10-20-2004, 12:33 PM
well the problem is i hit a curb doing 80 some african goat joky cut me off
i was in the side lane he was in the second lane and all of a suden he tryde turning into a side street i slamd my brakes he herd the tier screech and stopt infornt of me sidewayse all i could do is hop the curb if i dint curb my car i would have probly killd his his goat fucking friend in the pasenger seat and the dirty cock sucker ran of like crazy ran off i couldent catch up to him and go figure two nigirean cocksuckers in a toyota camry thats worht les then my rim that i killed and thier car wasent playted
i have nothing against black ppl but i hate nigers :mad:
90% of the people are brain washed in today's world. those "pricks" you refer to weren't born like that, the media, people, and parents had a lot in raising them, and when some1 dont think like you, or act like you, and is raised differently doesn't mean they are a "prick"

if your gonna hate people for their actions, thats fine, but dont judge some1 without knowing, and dont steriotype races man

anyways, since the problem is taken care of, can a mod lock this topic up :D thanx