PDA

View Full Version : no power going to any door

myaccord7
10-10-2004, 08:02 PM
i have an 89 lx 4 door. this summer my windows stopped working. i done drive my car that much so i didnt mind. when i turn my key i hear a "power" noise coming from my drivers door, it sounds like im trying to open my window. i took off my panels and i hooked up a test light to all of the wires and i got nothing. i checked my fuse, my window control box, reg... i dont know what else to check or how to fix it. please help!! i hate not nothing how to fix something on my car.

zach :dunno:

shepherd79
10-11-2004, 06:40 AM
well, first start with fuses.
after that check the window relay,
after that start checking everything else, but before you even start working on it, get yourself a HONDA shop manual.

myaccord7
10-11-2004, 09:04 AM
i have one

zach

Neuspeed87lx
10-11-2004, 07:03 PM
what happens when you have the key in the on position and you try to put the windows down? nothing ? if not then i would check fuses ... mabey you have a bad switch ...but if you have no power when you hooked up a test light then its not likely the switch ..when you had the test light on the window swtich you did push the buttons up and down right ?

myaccord7
10-11-2004, 07:48 PM
when i have the key on and try to pull down my window, it does nothing. i tooked the panel all the way off when i used the test light. i put the test light in the plug coming from the car. i tried all my switches on all my doors and nothing!!! what should i do?

zach

great86er
10-12-2004, 01:06 PM
so you're not gettting any power to your master switch?

great86er
10-12-2004, 01:15 PM
get rid of the test light and get a DVOM.(digital volt ohm meter) test the switches and the wires going to and from the switch and the window regulator for too much resistance.
check all of the grounds( most electrical probs are due to this)make sure they have a clean surface to mount too and are tightened down, check for breaks in the wires, checking the fuses, make sure they are all the correct amp rating for what they are used for.
let me know what you find out.