PDA

View Full Version : 87 Headnoise

Headnoise
10-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Hey everybody.. New here... I am picking up an 87 Accord next week. I dont know anything about Honda's right now, but hopefully yall will teach me some stuff... ;) This is gonna be my first car, needs some work and stuff, but I know some people that can help me fix it up and my sister is gonna paint it in her garage after I get all the dents fixed and the right front fender replaced. I am just wondering, what should I get done first?

1) Offered a system - 3 12" Xplods
2) Body kit
3) Bucket seats
4) Carbon Fiber Hood

Any other suggestions?

It has a new motor... The guy doesn't know how many miles are on it, but it's a 98 I think.

I have a couple of questions too...
1) I noticed there are no euros anywhere for this car... Is it possible to mod a 4th gen's lights to fit?
2) Is there any way to make the headlights like the 90+ models? I have plenty of time to play around with it if noone knows how...

I'll have pictures up next week when I pick the car up. :rockon:

Mike's89AccordLX
10-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Anything can be done with the right person doing them. You will find next to nothing for aftermarket support. People have put 5th gen prelude headlights it their cars but IMO its a ton of money for something that looks funny. I like most people like the flip up lights. A lot of us paint our taillights so they are all red. check ebay for the ricey stuff. www.pcp.com has some light options for our cars but some of us used to make clear corners and taillights ourselves and this company used that and started making them. It would be nice if they made tails but they dont. Get some H4 headlights off of ebay they look good and you might not want to get rid of the flip ups after you get those. Do you want performance or appearance stuff?

-Mike

Headnoise
10-11-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm probably going for alot of appearance and a little performance... and then later on go for more performance... So mostly appearance right now... I am, however, going to get a cold air intake and new exhaust as one of the first couple of things though.

The flip-up lights are OK with me... as long as they aren't flipped up... lol It may just be me, but the flip-ups are too 80ish looking for me. I just like the newer looks.

1 more question... I got on ebay, and no body kits are on there for my car. Would it be a big modification to put a 90+ body kit on it... (Spyder Kit probably).. or would it just be a few holes that would need to be drilled for the bolts?

Thanks.. :rockon:

Mike's89AccordLX
10-11-2004, 11:40 AM
There are about 4 body kits made for our cars. I think that they are in the FAQ's under body kits.

There's a company that makes a spyder kit for our cars but they are kinda pricey for what you get. Xenon body kit is probably the most liked. There's a lot of people that have modified other body kits to fit these cars and I believe that there's a bunch of kits that will fit in the FAQ's. Check there b/c I think there's a thread just about what kits will fit and whatnot.

Headnoise
10-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Alright... :) Thanks dude... I'm lookin for a cheap body kit... The Spyder especially... you can get them on ebay for like... 300 after shipping... I thought that was a good deal... especially for way they look. anyways... thanks for the help.. I'm gonna go check out some mods and see about how much it will be for all my mods.. :rockon: