PDA

View Full Version : Engine Rebuild or Swap?

great86er
10-12-2004, 09:53 AM
So I have an 86 lx 3bbl with 220k on the block. I've never had a car with more that 150k on it. some i'm wondering what would you do. Rebuild or buy a rebuilt block, swap it something else? If the latter what would you be able to fit with out too much hassel. Any advice on some mods would be great. I live in the Sac area. So are there any good places up here on in the bay area that would be a good place to buy engines and other misc. products.
Thanks again guys.

accordlxi2.0
10-12-2004, 10:02 AM
3 bbl?!
unless thats after market

well, if it's not knock bad, or blowing out blue smoke or burning anti-freeze, and last but not least it's not a domestic.
it's fine.

hondas are pretty reliable there are someguys on here with nearly 400,xxx miles on there 3g.
and it still purr's like a kitten.

my 86 lx had over 220,xxx miles . . .
i now have a 88 lx with 132,xxx miles

Klue
10-12-2004, 11:46 AM
well if ur intrested my my a20(stock engine) is up for sale with and auto tranny. Its in perfect condtion with 214 thousand km on it. iam selling it to do a swap (mainly cuz i can, and also it will be hard and good experience)

hatchback86accord
10-12-2004, 02:16 PM
well if ur intrested my my a20(stock engine) is up for sale with and auto tranny. Its in perfect condtion with 214 thousand km on it. iam selling it to do a swap (mainly cuz i can, and also it will be hard and good experience)
how much r u askin for the engine and tranny....my car started blowin blue and white smoke burning up oil....it still runs but puts out a smoke screen behind so i havent drivin it anymore bc i dont want to ruin anything else....im in despersate need of an engine... and i dont have much money and i need an engine basically yesterday..let me know how much u want for it...... my email is spreadnflyeagle(at)hotmail(dot)com