PDA

View Full Version : Could I beat...

Headnoise
10-12-2004, 12:10 PM
:help: I have 4 people that want to race me when I get my car. I am gonna have a 87 Accord... But it has a new motor in it. Not sure about anything on the car really... I just know the motor says 98 on it... Came out of a junkyard.. and is a 5 speed.. By the time I race, I'll have an exhaust system and a cold air intake. probably the only performance mods by the time I race.

The people I am racing.. (All trucks)
1) Adam - 87 Nissan Hardbody truck with cold air intake and flowmaster exhuast - 4 Speed with racing clutch(rebuilt stock engine)

2) Scott - 96 Chevy S-10 Automatic with cold air intake and straight pipes (stock engine)

3) Ryan - 94 Ford Ranger 4 speed with cold air intake and flowmaster exhaust (Stock engine) Racing clutch

4) Matt - 74 Ford F-100 with a 350 engine... cold air intake and flowmaster exhaust.. Big engine... but weighs probably 4 tons

If you need any more info to tell me anything, let me know... :D I think I can take just about everyone... maybe not Adam's truck though... Thanks for any input... :D

blazin3gen
10-12-2004, 01:05 PM
no, no, no, and no

ha

Headnoise
10-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks alot.. lol... That boosted my confidence up at least -20%... lol

I know I can beat the S-10.. he maxes at about 95... well.. that's the fastest he's been I think...

blazin3gen
10-12-2004, 01:15 PM
ahha seriously eh u might take them from the start but i think they should be able to whip ya im thinkin you should be able to take the 74 pos :D ahaha and maybe even take the ranger

good luck

your driving a carb? im guessing?

Headnoise
10-12-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure... I dont even have the car yet... lol... I am picking it up Sunday.. Now all I need is a job to fix it up...l ol... I'm about out of graduation money... haha.. I'll have some pics posted Sunday... even with the new engine... you still don't think I can take them?... :( that sucks... haha

blazin3gen
10-12-2004, 02:08 PM
carb no lxi maybe :D

Headnoise
10-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Any suggestions of some performance parts?... (Reasonable pricing... no superchargers or turbo's or anything... lol)

Well.... about how much would a turbo be for my car?... I am guessing around 2K... which is probably WAYY off... because I know nothing about them... lol

MrBen
10-12-2004, 04:20 PM
For performance stuff just search the board or take a gander around. Or check the FAQ. There's stuff everywhere, lol.

Let us know whether it's a DX (black bumpers) LX (painted bumpers) or LX-i (sunroof I think and painted bumpers) or SE-i (sunroof with leather seats and painted bumpers). That's just some of the differences. For all the differences, I think there's a thread in the FAQ about it.

Headnoise
10-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Alright... That helps... lol... It's an LX... (Painted bumpers and no sunroof).. I'll have some more information about the engine and stuff sunday when I go to pick it up...

No matter what it is... It is free, so I can't complain... lol... A guy my brother-in-law works with is giving it away... :D

Gives me a little extra cash I had saved up to work on it... I'll look up the differences on it.. just to see what I can work on... :) Thanks

badmanferg
10-12-2004, 04:56 PM
LX-i (sunroof I think and painted bumpers)

not all lx-i's have a sunroof..... :deal:

Headnoise
10-12-2004, 05:07 PM
cool... hopefully it is an LX-i... I looked up the differences... some people said the LX has 110hp and the LX-i has 120hp... and other people said the LX only has 88-90hp.. and the LX-i has 110hp... which is it?.. lol

And... the new engine in my car (hopefully) will be faster than the stock anyways... :D

MrBen
10-12-2004, 05:16 PM
That's why I said I think ;)

And I knew all don't but today is brain lapse day for me apparently

88accordhb
10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
all dx/lx's have 98 hp
86-87 lxi's have 110. the 86 with a bt motor and the 87 with an a20a3
88-89 lxi's have 122.

and i second wat luis said.
your not gonna beat any of them, even if you supe up the accord. i was gonna say you can beat the ranger, but when you said 4 speed, no way! my friend's ranger can pull harder than mine with 8 pple in it. the f-100 is pretty heavy yes, but with the 350 you'll get murdered. i'm sure you won't beat the s-10 even stock auto. and the nissan, with his mods, nah! so there you go, just don't race.

shepherd79
10-13-2004, 04:32 AM
you won't beat any of those cars. you will have no power compared to those cars. S-10 and ranger can pull hard if they have the right engine.
all those cars will smoke your ass.

PS. Don't race on the streets, it is stupid. you will put yourself and others in danger. go to the track insted.

Headnoise
10-13-2004, 04:33 AM
Darn it... haha... Oh well... I'll race them anyways... even if I do lose... But if I do win... I can show off a little... hehe

Oh... btw... the S-10 may end up being a Mazda B-2100... depending on if Scott decides to sell his truck..

Headnoise
10-13-2004, 04:36 AM
you won't beat any of those cars. you will have no power compared to those cars. S-10 and ranger can pull hard if they have the right engine.
all those cars will smoke your ass.

PS. Don't race on the streets, it is stupid. you will put yourself and others in danger. go to the track insted.

I don't race on the streets... lol... I gotta go to North Carolina to race with them... (Live in South Carolina)

88accordhb
10-13-2004, 07:27 AM
in that case, do it to it. and lose it. haha

Blue Impact
10-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Think about it, man. You driving up to NC just to get smoked? Not worth it. Definitely not worth it doing it on the streets either.

Headnoise
10-13-2004, 09:36 AM
The drive up to NC aint but about 15 minutes... I live on the state line just about... And it really doesn't matter if I win or lose... lol... I just want to have some fun before this meaningless, pitiful life is over... But who knows... I might get lucky and beat all 4 of them... :D