PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!!!

slickrick
10-12-2004, 03:05 PM
I have a 1986 Accord Lxi. Recently I started hearing a noise from the front probably from the wheel area. The noise is louder and i feel a shake through the steering wheel specially when the steering wheel is turned. It feels a little shaky at high speeds. Could someone tell me what this is so that I dont get ripped of at the mechanic. Thank you very much.

NXRacer
10-12-2004, 03:30 PM
it could be a couple things. Either you wheel is out of balance, your wheel bearing is shot.

88Accord-DX
10-12-2004, 10:51 PM
If your braking at high speeds and your steering wheel shakes, you rotors are warped. If you have hit a curb before, your rim could have been bent. There are varibles on what it could be. You could see if you outer tie rod ends are going out too. (shake the tire horizontally to look for play)

shepherd79
10-13-2004, 04:19 AM
If your braking at high speeds and your steering wheel shakes, you rotors are warped. If you have hit a curb before, your rim could have been bent. There are varibles on what it could be. You could see if you outer tie rod ends are going out too. (shake the tire horizontally to look for play)
brake rotor has nothing to do with shaking at high speeds. it will only make it shake when you brake. anyother time, it just spins.

there are could be a few things:
1. bad ball joints.
2. bad tie rods
3. bad wheel bearing
4. tire out of balance.

everything is fixable.

88Accord-DX
10-13-2004, 09:03 AM
brake rotor has nothing to do with shaking at high speeds. it will only make it shake when you brake. anyother time, it just spins.

there are could be a few things:
1. bad ball joints.
2. bad tie rods
3. bad wheel bearing
4. tire out of balance.

everything is fixable.
Yeah, that is what I said. "when your braking"

Blkblurr
10-14-2004, 03:40 PM
I think it is a bad cv joint. Check your cv boots for cracks. Mine did the same thing and I found a bad cv joint caused by a cracked boot that allowed sand and dirt into the cv joint. i replace the axle and all was good.

AccordAddict
10-14-2004, 04:38 PM
i think its a bad hub bearing spindle. when i got my car it shook at high speeds and i replaced the bad hub bearing spindle and its fixed.