PDA

View Full Version : help me

Neuspeed87lx
10-12-2004, 05:40 PM
ok i need help bad... i removed all the vacume lines .... i can get the car to run fine .... but it idles way high .... the idle screw is backed off as far as possible and the throttle cable is as loose as posible and it still idles at like 2500 rpms and i cannot get it to drop... please help

accordlxi2.0
10-12-2004, 05:48 PM
even if the engine is warm and you push the gas????

Neuspeed87lx
10-12-2004, 06:07 PM
yes

A20A1
10-12-2004, 07:32 PM
did you turn out the thorttle stop screw?

Are you sure you plugged all the vacuum ports on the carb?

You didn't connect the secondary diaphragm to manifold vacuum by accident did you?

Remember the idle screw is to bump up idle when load is placed on the motor...
Set the throttle stop screw...

Also you didn't mention if you kept or removed the choke
or if you kept or removed the secondary diaphragm and converted to mechanical

Neuspeed87lx
10-12-2004, 07:34 PM
i removed the choke .... and kept the secondary

Neuspeed87lx
10-12-2004, 07:35 PM
the throttle stop screw is back off all the way... all the vacuum ports are plugged.... the secondary diaphram is pluggged

Neuspeed87lx
10-12-2004, 08:11 PM
ok mike i just thought of sometihng .... i didnt do the secondary conversion.... i just removed the linkage from the secondary diaphram ... now .... i saw you wrote this in another post ....

"If you decide not to do the secondary conversion you need to keep one extra vacuum line.
run a 5/32" vacuum line from the vacuum port labled "SEC" to the vacuum diaphragm on the right side of the carb."

right now there is nothing connected to the vacuum diaphram.... could that be causing my idle not to come down ?

A20A1
10-12-2004, 09:16 PM
My aim and my computer are dying... I have corrupt memory or something and I can't run disk defrag or nothing untill I fix the error... it's screwing things up bad... anyways.

If you have the picture of the vacuum line routing from the secondary diaphragm to the vacuum port then hook it up... what do you mean you removed the linkage?

if you remove the linkage the secondary isn't going to work right... and may get stuck open but I doubt it...

You either keep the secondary diaphragm and linkage or you convert to mechanical secondary.

when you removed the choke what did you do to the vacuum hole that was left open when you removed the choke puller?

also did you remove the choke plate that covers the primary barrel

also did you connect both or just one of the vacuum advances...

I suggest you remove the idle diaphragm screw to be sure it's not opening the thorttle...

A20A1
10-12-2004, 09:20 PM
what you need to understand is that me and others can't be arround 24/7 to help you... thats why I added the warning in red letters at the begenning of the how to.

Neuspeed87lx
10-13-2004, 02:56 AM
no i know you cant be around all the time ...i just need help .... and i appreciate the help you have givin me so far .... um lets see .... i didnt take the choke puller off i just disconnected the lines that went to it ... same thing with the choke ...yes i did remove the choke plate over the primary cover..... right now i only have one vacuum line .... i took the 2 that come off the distributor .... connected them together .... took the one off the back of the carb .... #12 or 14 i believe and connected that to the 2 from the distributor and then connected it all to the port on the back of the intake manifold

Neuspeed87lx
10-13-2004, 03:43 AM
where is the vacuum port SEC?

shepherd79
10-13-2004, 04:16 AM
look at the picture. it is right there in the front of the carb.

accordlxi2.0
10-13-2004, 09:20 AM
if your idle is high have you ever thought it could be your fast idle unloader.

DanG86LX
10-13-2004, 08:57 PM
what about throttle controller? If u kept it, #6 (or #20) should go to manifold vacuum too..

Neuspeed87lx
10-14-2004, 06:13 PM
ok ive thought about it and i made a decision .. i want to put an aftermarket carb on ....