PDA

View Full Version : Same Interiors?

accord3Gkidd415
10-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Do all our car's years 86-89 have the same style interiors? i know DX has no power options and i think 89 se-i has leather interior, but other than that are our interiors the same?
ps- i have an 86 lx and i was wondering if my car can fit an 88's steering column cover, door armrest panels, & seatbelts? can some one please help me out?
did 88 make a dark gray interior opposed to the common light gray interiors? please send me some pics or links to your gray interiors :)

88accordhb
10-13-2004, 07:34 PM
i got a dx. only thing we have is ps. ahah we're STupiD!

BITESIZE
10-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Our interiors are kind of the same.....Hatchies.....86-87 has the seatbelts in the body, while the 88-89 are in the doors The air vent levers aren't in the 86-87 but are in the 88-89. The rear view mirrors are different. Other than that i don't know. Just some of my wisdom.

NXRacer
10-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Everything on the dash and steering column should be pretty much the same through out all the years except little things which are interchangeable. My 86 hatch has 2 tone blue interior and i've never seen 2 tone in a 3g besides in a hatch.

SteveDX89
10-14-2004, 08:05 AM
i got a dx. only thing we have is ps. ahah we're STupiD!

My DX doesn't have PS but it has power windows and mirrors. :)

shepherd79
10-14-2004, 08:52 AM
My DX doesn't have PS but it has power windows and mirrors. :)
aren't you special Steve. :)

SteveDX89
10-14-2004, 10:05 AM
aren't you special Steve. :)

Glad someone could finally recognize it. :lol:

Moodybluesr
10-14-2004, 12:40 PM
There are two different styles of steering column trim that are not interchangable. Ask me how I know. :D One has the key hole entirely enclosed in the lower half of the trim and the other style has the key hole in between the two halves of the trim. Figure out which one you have before you try to source a replacement.

accord3Gkidd415
10-14-2004, 02:29 PM
thanks yall. if anyone else has more info on similarities between sedan interiors, i'm still looking, lol.

HostileJava
10-14-2004, 02:45 PM
There are two different styles of steering column trim that are not interchangable. Ask me how I know. :D One has the key hole entirely enclosed in the lower half of the trim and the other style has the key hole in between the two halves of the trim. Figure out which one you have before you try to source a replacement.

I feel your pain, I ran into that same problem when switching the headlight switch from my hatch to me sei, the switch would go down fine, you couldn't push it up far enough for the right turn to stay on if i remember correctly, i just cut the hole bigger :D

As far as the interiors being the same heres what I know:

All coupe and hatch front seats are interchangeable. All the dash parts for all the years are interchangable cept for the steering columns, keep in mind the DX and and possibly the LX(?) had sliders instead of push buttons for the vent controls so if you swap them over it's gonna be alot of work, the door panels for the coupes and hatches from all years are interchangable, but you'll need to swap in power windows switches, relays, motors if you move from a car with manual windows. Hatch seatbelts are in the car, coupe seatbelts are on the doors. Carpets are diffent for each body style but the same for all the year and trim levels withing the same body style. Coupe rear seats and hatch rear seat are interchangable but not bolt in, it requires some drilling. The sedan rear seats only fit in the sedans and DX versions do not fold down. Rear panels for all the different body styles are different but will work for all the years and trim levels within the same body style.

That's all I can think of, if I missed somthing or get somthing wrong please correct me.

dillirk
10-14-2004, 02:51 PM
I've never seen an SE-i in the junk yards in salt lake so I don't know if the 88 is the same, but my 89 SE-i coupe has a different center console in it with a campartment above the e-brake with a padded cover on it. I know this because the leather in the cover is falling appart, like the rest of my leather, and I can't find one to replace it. :sad2:

HostileJava
10-14-2004, 03:05 PM
I've never seen an SE-i in the junk yards in salt lake so I don't know if the 88 is the same, but my 89 SE-i coupe has a different center console in it with a campartment above the e-brake with a padded cover on it. I know this because the leather in the cover is falling appart, like the rest of my leather, and I can't find one to replace it. :sad2:

Thanx, I missed that, SE-i has a armrest above the e-brake, this can be swapped into any trim, body style, and year.

Damn, I guess I've owned to many 3g's but I've tried to swap so many interior/exterior/engine bay parts it's not even funny.

SteveDX89
10-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Mmmm. I love my SE-i armrest. One of the best upgrades you can make.

To nitpick Jim's post cause he asked for it. :) LX models had push button heater controls. Hatch seatbelts are on the B pillar on 86-87 models. In 88-89, they were moved to the door. Nice thing too, cause I get a discount on my car insurance cause of that. :rockon:

sporkHSP
10-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Hatch seatbelts are on the B pillar on 86-87 models. In 88-89, they were moved to the door. Nice thing too, cause I get a discount on my car insurance cause of that. :rockon:
wtf? why is that?

SteveDX89
10-15-2004, 02:42 AM
Passive seatbelts.

HostileJava
10-15-2004, 03:57 AM
Passive seatbelts.

Ok, What is a Passive seatbelt? :ugh:

SteveDX89
10-15-2004, 05:37 AM
Well, the logic behind this is that the seatbelt stays buckled all the time. When you open the door, there is enough slack and you can supposedly get in and out with it still buckled. However, I've found the lap portion of the belt is too low when the door is open and makes it awkward to get in. Check your owners manual, it tells you all about it. :)

HostileJava
10-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Well, the logic behind this is that the seatbelt stays buckled all the time. When you open the door, there is enough slack and you can supposedly get in and out with it still buckled. However, I've found the lap portion of the belt is too low when the door is open and makes it awkward to get in. Check your owners manual, it tells you all about it. :)

You're kidding me right, we're supposed to leave it buckled, that sounds :nuts:

accord3Gkidd415
10-18-2004, 09:22 AM
how about the dash from an 88 lxi? anyone knows if it will fit my 86 lx? they look pretty much the same to me, or at least i can't find no differences....
i'm allso looking to replaces my fenders, hood, & front passenger door :sad2:

truetune
10-18-2004, 06:17 PM
hey yall know how the seat belts get stuck sometimes on the coupes well I just leave it in and open the door and it works fine, you have to open the door all the way for it to work okay.

SteveDX89
10-19-2004, 02:27 AM
how about the dash from an 88 lxi? anyone knows if it will fit my 86 lx? they look pretty much the same to me, or at least i can't find no differences....
i'm allso looking to replaces my fenders, hood, & front passenger door :sad2:

Read post #10.

bobsaccord
10-20-2004, 11:51 AM
mines a 87 and it has the seatbelts on the doors?

accord3Gkidd415
10-20-2004, 03:56 PM
oic, thanks.

phoenxislayer15
10-21-2004, 03:33 PM
My interior, ignore the steering column, it has def. been modified for that wheel.

http://roms-emulations.com/driver.jpg