PDA

View Full Version : XM Idea....

ImporTypeRx7
10-14-2004, 10:23 AM
I was walkin around Best Buy yesterday when I saw the new Xm radio...the Commander I believe. And I got an idea....I was going to take the clock out of our dash and put that in its place....If anyone has done it or know of any potential problems with placing it in that location, id be much appreciated to hear them. I took some initial measurements, and it seems like it would fit with very little modifications, if any. Jus thought Id share a cool idea with ya...oh yea..and here's the pic of what it looks like, if ya havent seen it.

http://www.xmradio.com/images/commander/cmdr_prod_2.jpg

~Mike

TheSummoner101
10-14-2004, 11:14 AM
that seems like an okay idea...but the only problems maybe:

1: sunlight
2: reaching to change station while driving (if no remote unit included)
3: heating?

good idea tho, good luck wid it

PS: im not a big fan of xm, simply cuz it's not free

Hash_man_Se_i
10-14-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm pretty sure the unit is bigger then the opening for the clock, but might not be a bad idea.

I picked up one of the last Alpine XM boxes recently, and hope to get that put in pretty soon/

TheSummoner101
10-14-2004, 11:20 AM
i think some guy put a radar detector in the clock, but forgot who it was...now thats a cool idea :D cops will never suspect it..

ImporTypeRx7
10-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Well i just bought it so as soon as it arrives ill see how it goes and post pics

Thanx guys

NXRacer
10-14-2004, 11:48 AM
if you're really daring you might be able to cut a larger hole and fiberglass a surround for it.

ImporTypeRx7
10-14-2004, 12:08 PM
:lol: I finally got up the nerve to dremel tool pieces.......I doubt fiberglass is in the picture. I belive that it should fit but..we shall see! :idea:

hondamanlxi
10-14-2004, 12:17 PM
screw XM! its a goverment conspricy to triangluate your location at anytime!

Just kidding, cant wait to see the finished product!

badmanferg
10-14-2004, 05:13 PM
screw XM! its a goverment conspricy to triangluate your location at anytime!

:lol:

Headnoise
10-14-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm stickin with my good ole' MP3 cds... :D I don't listen to any of the music that XM radio plays... so it's kind of useless for me... (HxC music)... Yup... XM aint good enough to play the real hardcore stuff... (Zao, Torn In Two, Demon Hunter, Norma Jean, Demoniciduth... etc)