PDA

View Full Version : EGR Tube Smoke

LXlimited
10-14-2004, 07:43 PM
I was wondering if you guys can help with my problem. I already used the SEARCH function of this forum but I couldn't find any that relates to my problem. I found out that my EGR tube is smoking after stop & go driving. Once I am in traffic & the car idles, I can smell the smoke from the inside of the car. Also when I shift to park I can smell the smoke. I recently had my radiator, hoses & valve cover gasket replaced earlier this year. After that, I've been experiencing this. I was thinking it could be water leaking since it is a white smoke. Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance!

shepherd79
10-15-2004, 03:51 AM
if it is a white smoke, it is a coolant burning off.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
10-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Make sure none of the hoses around the manifold area are leaking. They are known to fail because they are hard to change (and don't get changed in time).

For the positions of the hoses take a look in the shop manual or on hondaautomotiveparts.com catalog. There are I think 5 total for the manifold.

acranox
10-16-2004, 10:24 AM
I had one of the heater hoses leaking due to a loose clamp. THe fluid dripped onto the EGR pipe, ran down to the header heat shield, and then it would smoke off.
You usually can't see exhaust smoke, since it's pretty clear. If you can see the smoke, it's probably not your exhaust.