PDA

View Full Version : Front end shaking, when BRAKING

nswst8
10-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Okay Guys,
I was getting alot of front end shaking when I started to brake. Back in Nov 03 I did alot of catch up on the maintenance Clutch, rear main seal, upper & lower ball joints brakes all the way around, power steering pump, dizzy, oil pan gasket, oil filter base seal, crank seal, cam seal, oil pump seal.

Basically everything in one shot. After the brake job I had to return the rear drums and go to the next grade higher the standard autozone were out of round and caused the brake pedal to pulse.

After the replacement the pulse went away.

Then the front end shaking while braking started to appear I originally thought the calipers needed rebuilding after regreasing the caliper pins didn't work. But then I remembered one thing a Honda master mechanic had told me
"Never use an impact when tightening lugs on a Honda"
Well I've been doing this for along time and never really had a problem until now. Just replaced the rotors and the front end shaking is gone. :rockon:
Good thing they were under warranty.

Magny
10-16-2004, 09:39 PM
I replaced my rotors 4 times in a week when my car started doin it and it still hasnt gone away, the other 3 was due to a warped rotor(spun it freely without the caliper to make sure it is straight or not). finally got the straight ones on the fourth try and they still shake (this was over 1 1/2 years ago when it first started) and to this day, they still do it. its almost 2 years that I have been dealing with the problem. still gets me to a complete stop with no problem, but it seems to me when it starts to shake, I have to put it into gear to prevent it from shaking violently. so no gear : shakes like hell, with gear : shaking gone. anyone care to help pin-point the prob. I think its because when the guy who replaced my clutch put the shafts back on, he probably didnt do it right, but then again I could be wrong. it didnt do this until after I got my last clutch replacement. can anyone help a brutha out here to solve this thing and get rid of it once and for all!!!

*EDIT* BTW, i dont have an impact wrench to tighten the bolts down, I do everything on the car by hand (per spec for lb. per in. requirements or torque as some would say)

nswst8
10-17-2004, 04:43 AM
Then the suspension stuff.
1st ? any modifications.

Magny
10-17-2004, 05:56 PM
I didnt do any mods to the suspensions at all, except replacing rotors left and right every single time

POS carb
10-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Magny when u are stopped and rev your engine in gear w/ the clutch in does it creep? Also if your mounts are bad engine braking causes all sorts of weirdness

Magny
10-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Nah mounts are good except one on driver side fender, other than that the other 2 are still good. when I put it in gear, it doesnt creep or anything, just stops the violent shaking of the steering wheel. but lately the pulsing i am starting to feel is getting stronger on the pedal. so if anything one of my rotors may be warped again. i will be checkin on it sometime, just dont want to do it until money comes in.

adams86lxi
10-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Magny when u are stopped and rev your engine in gear w/ the clutch in does it creep?

pos carb just a question but what is it that causes that because mine does that kinda when i rev it real high for a second or too.