PDA

View Full Version : 3g carb into a 2g...

Coy
10-17-2004, 01:04 AM
im thinking about putting a 3g carb into my 85 accord. from what i remember the manifolds will match up if i take the entire manifold outta the 3g, but in order for me to swap the carb should i change the manifold as well and is it even worth it to put a 3g carb as apposed to stickin with the stock 2g carb.

Coy
10-17-2004, 09:20 AM
im sure this has probly been asked a million times or is covered somewhere, but my internet acess sucks ass and i cant get all the way through searching before it cuts out.

A20A1
10-17-2004, 09:39 AM
If they match up then that is cool, but I'd bet you'd have weird port shape differences...

Does the 85 accod motor tilt/lean forward? if it doesn't then you can't use the 86-89 manifold anyways?

If you want I have the 86-89 accord base gasket as a gif file I belive... all you'd have to do is print it out at 3oo dpi and it will be the correct size.

POS carb
10-17-2004, 06:23 PM
the a20a1 manifold is a POS not really worth it, especially w/ all the vacuum mods.
Unless the 2G manifold is reaaaaaly restrictive I doubt u would be impressed by the swap. Don't they make weber kits for those motors? A 1.8 would run great on a 34/36 or 38/38 even better and its a simple swap... upgrade your fuel pump too...

Coy
10-17-2004, 09:48 PM
well, see thats the thing...i know a webber would be great but i cant afford one right now. i already checked the part numbers for the manifold gasket and they are the same parts.

as far as lean, my engine doesnt lean at all. if you remove the body panels you couldnt tell the difference between the 2g and the 3g besides minor parts and some minor placements of things...if i had my camera id take a pic of the both at my next junkyard visit. i think i may give the swap a whirl just for shits and giggles. i think im gunna check out some more parts numbers and whatnot though. i dotn know if theres any truth behind this or not but id guess that since the 3g is a 2.0 and mines a 1.8 id say something would have to be different performance wise.

A20A1
10-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Well the 3G does lean... quite a bit... if the 2G motor doesn't lean how do expect fuel to flow to the valves properly when using the 3G manifold?

The carb will end up tilting backwards if your motor doesn't tilt to compensate for the manifold... also the float setting will be off and who knows what it will do the the fuel metering in the idle and mains

Coy
10-18-2004, 01:11 AM
damn...
carb'd cars are like a whole new world for me. any idea i can think of thatll work on a F/I car WILL NOT work on a carb'd. grrr. i guess i have to go with a 2g carb then.

POS carb
10-18-2004, 11:01 AM
get a welder and put 2 2G carbs on there! Split all the lines equally! :rockon: :stupid:

Coy
10-18-2004, 12:23 PM
that would be phat!

id bet my gas mileage would go 6 feet under then. but that would be cool as hell.