PDA

View Full Version : Can I Put A G2 Manual Steering Rackon My G3

SHURIK
10-17-2004, 01:05 AM
I remmeber my g2 had manual steering i loved it i am asking cause when i was doing my trany swap i notist that all my steering lines were roted and driping ontop of that my steering is looser then a 60 yr old whore my parts car is just as bad so i wana get a manual steering rack cause when i cut the power my steering its stiff for driving my g2 was awsome stiff but soft enoghf so is thier a chance i can swap in a 85 or a 84 rack and have things fit and evrything go i know someone els thot of this so i am asking before i do it to see what are my chances of sucses :help:

SHURIK
10-18-2004, 01:24 PM
oh come on some one gata know help brother out i think that rack will fit i am not shure so thats why i am asking and i am shure alot of u rasers want a manual rack that soft as well

shepherd79
10-18-2004, 01:52 PM
i don't think it will work, but you can give a try and you can tell us.

AccordEpicenter
10-18-2004, 04:37 PM
i dont see how it would...l get the correct rack

thegreatdane
10-19-2004, 05:53 AM
Well, you're in Canada. I think you had 3rd gens with manual steering racks there. And check your tie rods. inner and outer.

SHURIK
10-19-2004, 04:10 PM
well i only wana do this cause i hate the extra power steering and all the shit that gose with it and my rack is totaly done like realy losse and i have new tie rods iner and outer its the the gear and the the other gear that are chewd up cause i hit a curb and ft them up very badly but will do a serch gor the g3 manual rack this is the firt time i herd of a g 3 with a manual rack and yea i am also going 5 spd found a 89 with 120 000km 300$ cnd but the car was t boned but the front and rear are ok just the drivers side is kiled in the midel so i will be doing another trany swap in a month or so thanks for telling me about the g3 with the manual rack now i will go hit up a few part stores and see what thay tell me
:bow:

thegreatdane
10-20-2004, 06:06 AM
In Denmark the 1.6L 3rd gen Accords have manual steering racks.

NXRacer
10-20-2004, 07:58 AM
canada already has 3g's with manual steering. carotman knows where to get them (at least he used to)

Immeraufdemhund
10-21-2004, 08:49 AM
there was a post here awhile back that talked how to get rid of the ps with keeping your current rack (unless that is bad also) i think all you had to do was plug the pressure and return lines and get rid of everything else. I'm not a %100 on that though.

SHURIK
10-21-2004, 06:54 PM
where can i get a manual rack i know the dealer has some but to expensive and fuck that i wana go cheap cause thier is no point in droping half a gee in a car thats worth les then the rack but i wana get a good one and the junk yards dont have much hear so carotman help me out tell me wear and i will get it