PDA

View Full Version : it's stuck, no hammer no torch no chains...

POS carb
10-17-2004, 07:27 PM
no human can remove this ring from the transmission...

http://www.aceomatic.com/catalog/pages/450.gif

there's a collar/spacer on the mainshaft but it is supposed to slide off but it is fused on I guess from the heat. all it does is support the 2 needle bearings for the gears...
The one on the 4th drum (look to the left of it)

it has to come off I think, how else can I get to the 2nd gear clutches? They
re toasted!

Sabz5150
10-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Is that an automatic transmission?! If it is, you're a braver man than me.

POS carb
10-18-2004, 10:51 AM
yes and I was close to cutting it off, I gave it to my neighbor and his buddy at a shop was going to cut it off and someone who had done it happened to be there and showed him that if you squeeze the clutches down the collar will slide down and theres a tiny clip in there that holds it on :uh: :lock:
So I hope to have this bitch running by today I'm just waiting for him to bring it back after work,I already rebuilt the valving, took out all the accumilators and cleaned them up w/ 1500 grit and oil... all assembled and torqued, no missing parts! :)
all the gears were perfect except for the spline on the mainshaft had a chip (like pinhead sized hole) through the center of one of the teeth. The torque converter must have exploded cuZ there was metal everywhere. Oh and the 2nd clutches were all toasted from my dumbass driving it like a manual. Now that that collar is off I can replace them!!
:rockon:
:stupid: