PDA

View Full Version : my 88 lx !!!!

accordlxi2.0
10-19-2004, 02:55 PM
man i got to drive my car on the highway, . . .i gotta say this has got to be one of the best 3g's i've owned (except its not efi :( ).

i actully think everything works on the car.
like when i'm parking the steering is VERY easy to turn, but when i'm on the highway, it feels responsive and tight.

the suspension: well . . . .
thier's this certain road where its a sharp turn, and has bumps in in too.
it does throw the rear as much as it did on the 86' and i take it at 40mph.
and it feels a little tight, when going over bumps, it feels solid bounces only once or twice. depending on the bump.

the inside, once i got my window fixed it's quiet, when stopped no vibrations(once warmed and due to the fact the rpms is at 400-300.)

the tranny i don't know about that.
it's like when i'm in 2nd i floor it, only the secondary kicks in, but it does'nt downshift into 1st; like my 86 did.
but i love the fact that in 4th gear i'll be going 35mph @ 1,500rpms.
but it does'nt down shift like all of the other hondas that i've owned.

i typed this because . . .
shit i dunno . . .

speedpenguin
10-19-2004, 03:59 PM
congrats on your car...
it's hard to find an old car that still has little wrong with it.
all the good ones are owned by people who want to keep them.

treadhead 1952
10-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Neat, glad to hear another '88 Honda LX owner is as happy a camper as I am. I have an LXi Hatchback I just got and as I go along I am fixing all the little(mostly previous owner induced) hiccups I am finding. I have yet to enjoy the benefit of the power steeriing pump on mine however, no belt. I don't know if it is a pump problem or a leakage thing or what but as soon as I get a belt on it, I shall get it figured out. :)

Mine has the 5 speed manual, too much fun and it seems to be in good shape. I have yet to take it out on the highway until I get some real rubber and wheels on it for anything faster than surface street driving. :rice:

accordlxi2.0
10-19-2004, 06:37 PM
yea, thats another thing, the tire's i took off of my 86 stored them in the garage, i put them on the 88, the car peel's out! 'cause of my heavy foot.
i can drive 5spd but a little.
if i was very good i would've gotten a 5spd.

treadhead 1952
10-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Rowing your own is the way to go if you can find one. Slushboxes are just not happenin' on a little hi revving well balanced salom runner like these. You can make the car do so much more with a good stick and clutch. I need to go thru my shifter and try to tighten it up a little and take some of the slack out of it, you can miss a shift if you don't keep your mind on the shift throw when it comes time not a good thing! But I need to get some real rubber on it before I get too serious about thrashing the mixer and motor too hard on those runs down and up switchbacks.;-)

accordlxi2.0
10-24-2004, 06:06 PM
i know, and to be honest my 86' was a high revver somewhat but my 89 lx-i was a badass revver.
i just need to adjust the t/v cable and i should be fine.
plus i just put in some new(somewhat used) kem sparkplugs wires, and it does'nt shudder at 4,000rpms.
it still needs the cap ,rotor, and plugs.

accordlxi2.0
11-04-2004, 02:27 PM
i did more mods to it.
one was having one singal vacuum line connected to the distributor, which advances it.
then i put an efi tec distributor, whiched helped more.
then made my own hi-performance ground, which help even more.
then put on some kem sparkplug wires, cleaned the carb deeply, and the intake and so forth.
and it gained so much!!!!!!
in fact my test was running up against a 95 corrolla w/ a fart can and rims.
and she did very good!!!!
i'm gonna take pictures of the engine and body later . . . .. .

chiller670
11-04-2004, 11:58 PM
yo how fast can you go on lake shore drive the second tight turn near downtown in your new car??? I'll had my accord up to 40 i think and my integra up to 47ish

A20A1
11-05-2004, 12:29 PM
My 95 corolla's got issues... my LX would toast it any day. :D

Anyways you might consider adjusting your TV cable if you're not down shifting.

Sometimes it's a matter of getting the extra bump so the tranny will respond... oddly enough upgrading the fuel pump usually helps in that repspect.

accordlxi2.0
11-05-2004, 04:26 PM
yea. hmm i thought with 105hp (or 115hp) it'll kill my car...but i was wrong.
so today i got a less restricted air filter, i found a couple of spark plugs, that was left over from my lx which are in GOOD condition.
the car acceleration improved ALOT, it actully chirps in second gear. . . .
yes even though it's an auto ( one of the front tire's is a little low on air, so that fooled me).