PDA

View Full Version : mm not really performance

b20a86lude
10-20-2004, 08:04 AM
but does anybody know if i need the charcol canister sine i have a b16 manifold with my b20a

NXRacer
10-20-2004, 08:24 AM
its just an emissions part. As far as i know its not necessary.

smufguy
10-20-2004, 06:13 PM
charcoal canister soaks up extra fuel that does not get the cylinders more like purging i guess. Not quite sure what the mechanics are behind it, but i know thats what it does. U dont really need it, but again it does not rob u of power or anything.

b20a86lude
10-21-2004, 05:48 AM
so i would be ok not to use it im wondering if it will hurt my b20 or maybe even hurt me kike someone told me that if i dont have the harmful vapors will hurt me what do u think those r the concerns i have and if its gonna hurt my engine by not having it hokked up

smufguy
10-21-2004, 09:54 AM
so i would be ok not to use it im wondering if it will hurt my b20 or maybe even hurt me kike someone told me that if i dont have the harmful vapors will hurt me what do u think those r the concerns i have and if its gonna hurt my engine by not having it hokked up

its fuel vapor, not any other toxic vapor. So if u wanna get rid of it for whatever purpose. Just put a hose and have it under the car, away from the intake of the cabin. But do know u will be smelling fuel and stuff. Besides, why would u wanna do it anyway? u can hide it and still have it functioning.