PDA

View Full Version : need help

buds302
10-21-2004, 09:53 AM
alright this has nothin to do with 3 geez but it is an engine swap ques. my brother has a 91 civic dx hb. came with a d15,4-speed,dual point fi,makes 75 hp.i know its crap, i whip his ass every day in a race from work. anyway he wants to put a zc engine in his car. 130 hp,mpfi,5-speed,dohc. i dont know what kind of speed that thing makes but he said it will beat my 3 gee when he gets it done. he also said its a direct bolt up to his civic. no mods needed. i told him he's full of shit cause he's goin from dpfi to mpfi. he needs wires,ecu,axles,and a whole bunch of shit. now this engine is jdm so the parts are expensive.i told him he's better off puttin a b18c1 in his car cause you can get parts for it. but he dont care he's gettin the engine and trans from the jyard for $500.i told him go ahead but he's gonna be sorry. he's got the engine and now doesnt know about the axles.does anybody know what he needs bfore he tears it up?btw this car is a :rice: straight up

night
10-21-2004, 10:41 AM
zc's arent bad, but im quite sure the teg motor doesnt bolt in, only the non-NA ZC.
and also fairly sure all other teg stuff can be used, but there some good sites around that give a complete how to and parts list.

PhydeauX
10-21-2004, 11:34 AM
There was a guy on here, 87hybrid, he was doing a teg swap into his civic. Not sure if he's still around but he'd be the guy to talk to. There's also a few milion websites out there on how to do it. I read a few a while ago looking on stuffing one into a crx for a buddy of mine who was trying to start up a shop. He went under before the project ever got started though.

andy