PDA

View Full Version : Praveen Rajasekaran Readers Rides Sport Compact Mag!!!

unc25
10-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Well Praveen has a shot of his 1988 Honda Accord Sedan rockin the steelies in the December 2004 issue of Sport Compact Car. Has a list of mods, What Praveen has planned for the 3g, and why they liked it....."It's true old-school Honda"

I thought this was pretty cool and didnt find a post about it so I figured id let you guys know....Way to go praveen for getting a shot in the SCC!

:rockon: Rock on!!!

NXRacer
10-21-2004, 01:21 PM
holy shit thats cool. how did you find that out? it cant be out in the stands yet?!?!?

unc25
10-21-2004, 01:30 PM
I have subscription...get the mags crazy early...

NXRacer
10-21-2004, 02:37 PM
im gonna have to deffinately look at that issue.

blazin3gen
10-21-2004, 03:01 PM
o hell ya!

NXRacer
10-21-2004, 03:02 PM
now if somebody can just get their car FEATURED in the mag, that would be super duper!! :D

2old_honda
10-21-2004, 03:03 PM
scan the page, let us check it out :cool:

RobT5580
10-21-2004, 03:38 PM
I would love to have my car featured when its all done. I think i would have a good chance at it when everything is done since its and old school car with a odd swap and its almost all custom. Once the B20A is running it should be all downhill from there.

Congratulations praveen!

NXRacer
10-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Rob you should deffinately try. If you show your car in big show i bet you have a chance of a SCC rep seeing it and wanting to do a shoot.

88accordhb
10-21-2004, 10:15 PM
that would be sooo sick if rob had his car in a mag.

congrats praveen, immaa get that issue.

Robs89LXi
10-22-2004, 03:09 AM
Y'know, this might be my closest brush with stardom! Praveen, can I have your autograph? :)
Way to go, dude! I'll definitely have to check it out.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-22-2004, 05:58 AM
OMG !!!! One time Praveen helped me wire in a climate control. He's so cool :)

But seriously that's awesome to get in a mag. How do you get in a magazine? Just send them pics and beg?

-Mike

smufguy
10-22-2004, 06:12 AM
hahah, it was actually on the readers rides fellas. Not an actual feature. :) i figured why dont i actually go ahead and do it since i see a lot of riced up stuff in that mag about personal cars. I figured that woudl actually boost a lot of opportunities for the 3g world. My friend subscribes to SCC and i am gonna do it once he gets done. I like the mag a lot and its not too ricy, wish i could get honda tech also, but its mainly about B series and new hondas. I would love for others to do so in the future, but actually aim for the Star Feature. My dream is to be on the cover of that mag by the end of next year with my new car fully done. Its funny that the list i did, has more of what i want than what i have :). Thanks for pulling this out, i was actually gonna suprise u fellas. :D

Busted_Blue
10-22-2004, 09:18 AM
me wants for scans.

johndej
10-22-2004, 09:32 AM
damn, that mag is sitting at my house right now cause i havn't gotten it forwarded to my school addy yet. hmm.......... now how to get it down here.

truetune
10-22-2004, 11:46 AM
man I was at BAM last night and I saw that in the sport compact mag I was soo damn stoked I was like !hell yeah! and when I read the mods list I so frekn knew it was a 3geez members ride. Good job man thats soo awesome. one small step 3g's one giant step for Praveen Rajasekaran. Its soo frekn badass to see a 3g in a mag.

UofACATS
10-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Check it out, Dec SCC The Street features an 88 Accord 4 door. Who is this dude? Praveen Rajasekaran from Franklin Park, N.J. Anyways, just wanted to say congrats to the guy. It would be damn cool to have everyone checking out your 3G featured in a mag :bow: :bow: :bow:

deadlight
10-22-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm pretty sure he's on the site, Praveen isn't a name you hear everyday.

Ludi Mali
10-22-2004, 02:42 PM
its smufguy if i'm not mistaken.

'A20A3'
10-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Indeed it is Praveen and I believe this is a :repost:

That's okay though. Congratulations Praveen. :bow:

civteck
10-22-2004, 03:12 PM
no shit, im impressed. my old g in a mag. i knew it was my old car as soon as i seen the marker lights and the shaved antenna. its good to see it back on the road, good luck with it and when your goin turbo call me i got some parts layin around.
:rice: eg6 baby

Vinny
10-22-2004, 04:11 PM
Threads Merged

smufguy
10-22-2004, 10:50 PM
-lol chris, i got ur call and i called u back and left a message. U going to the HIN tom? cause i am going. Thanks fellas, yeah that praveen is me. :) I hope to be one of the features on that mag next year like i mentioned, but now i guess ill settle for the reader's rides. I still gotta see it myself. My friend will get it next week. but its awsome none-the-less. Not a great looking 3g, but it will be soon. :( still rollin on steelies.

TheSummoner101
10-24-2004, 01:48 PM
congrats praveen :D

Coroncho80
10-24-2004, 01:57 PM
I heard about this a few days back .... I really wanna see the magazine bro. Congrats - Imagine when the good old 3gee is all done? Front page babeeeyyy!

smufguy
10-24-2004, 04:20 PM
I heard about this a few days back .... I really wanna see the magazine bro. Congrats - Imagine when the good old 3gee is all done? Front page babeeeyyy!

Next year, im hoping for the cover page. Atleast towards the end of the year. Its just cause of the time and money involved and you most of all know what it takes to build a car ground up. But i wanna take my car to the HIN if possible or whatever major car show comes to the , NJ or PA area. I hate NY so its outta the question. i guess we will have to wait and see how far i can actually go.

Thanks for ur comments fellas. Im hoping many more in the months to come will be either featured or recognized in magazines. Need to start aftermarket support once more for these cars.

Coroncho80
10-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Yo Preveen, please do not take this personal but what the hell did you do to your hatch so it can be in a magazine? Painted white, drop it and put some steelies!?

smufguy
10-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Yo Preveen, please do not take this personal but what the hell did you do to your hatch so it can be in a magazine? Painted white, drop it and put some steelies!?

hatchie?? its a sedan dude.

well it was a carb, so it was redone to a efi. Chris' car when i bought it from him was a DX so no pwr shit or rear folding seat. So the car was taken down to its frame. And it was ridden off its rust. and all the power stuff was put back into the car. The rear foldown seat was put in. the tank was replaced, the whole front crossmembers were taken out and my good ones were installed along with the knuckles. as for the motor i dropped my good ole stock motor. buncha weight reduction and battery relocation and stuff.

Of course it was painted, regular Intake, full exhaust with headers as usual. Dropped it on konis with progress. adj fuel pressure reg was used along with the 4g map sensor.

so yeah the car is just basic, but its just in a readers ride. Not a feature. but since none of the readers have a good enough 3g i guess or did not care to subit it. So one day last month i was like, okay how about i submit my car to the SCC and i emailed them and told them that i would like to submit my car. and they were like okay, give us a pic and what u have done to the car and the future plan. And i did it and they posted it. Simple as that.

I saw the magazine today and god the pic is huge. I will get a scan of it soon and post it either tom or the day after. Unless someone else beats me to it.

3gn86lxi
10-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Damn cool Praveen, hey send me your autograph with my rack!!!!!! Your famous dude. Congrats man, good to see they are not forgetting bout us "old schoolers" out there! :)

bobafett
10-25-2004, 09:47 PM
lol its big pic too! w00t congrats

MattsAccord
10-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Someone post the picture up I want to see it.

bigtymer
10-26-2004, 04:39 AM
Yea Totally, i need to see this guys car. Must be awesome. Yer gonna be famous! :)

Vanilla Sky
10-26-2004, 05:58 AM
is it just a reader's ride, or the ride of the month?

i'm goin to go buy the mag as soon as it hits the newsstand...

johndej
10-26-2004, 10:18 AM
its just a readers ride looks good though. i love their comment for why they like it "true old school honda"

smufguy
10-26-2004, 02:28 PM
yeah its just the reader's ride. Nothing special. i guess everyone loves the fact that a 3g was on a mag, even tho it holds no important place. Ill get the scans soon as i can fellas. And derick, u dont wanna get a whole mag just cause a 3g is in it bro :D. but that dec edition does have a lot of goddies compared to earlier editions tho.

frankie89
10-26-2004, 06:04 PM
:rockon: congrats smufguy!!! even though u think its not that big, but most members would love to have there ride in a mag. its like national coverage cuz its in every newstand and every walmart so your audience is massive... but u forgot one thing on ur interview, thats to represent 3geez but the ride represents itself!!!! :cool:

smufguy
10-26-2004, 08:51 PM
okay fellas, here you go. here is a shitty scan of it. click on it to enlarge it. there is a typo in their printing, i said 2.25" and they put 2.5". well makes me look meaner thats all. :D

http://89accord.netfirms.com/pictures.htm <<< go here to see more pics of my car. just in case some of you are not satisfied.

http://img44.exs.cx/img44/1923/car37.th.jpg (http://img44.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img44&image=car37.jpg)

od2681
10-26-2004, 08:57 PM
looks cool...but i dont get hte page....what are tehy talkin bout

smufguy
10-26-2004, 09:02 PM
looks cool...but i dont get hte page....what are tehy talkin bout

just read the stuff under my car's pic. Not anything else. Other stuff is just personal letters to the editors and stuff. Just the three bolt letter stuff.

od2681
10-26-2004, 10:40 PM
man they should put our whole website on ther if they want oldschool hondas...

Coroncho80
10-27-2004, 04:29 AM
hatchie?? its a sedan dude.

well it was a carb, so it was redone to a efi. Chris' car when i bought it from him was a DX so no pwr shit or rear folding seat. So the car was taken down to its frame. And it was ridden off its rust. and all the power stuff was put back into the car. The rear foldown seat was put in. the tank was replaced, the whole front crossmembers were taken out and my good ones were installed along with the knuckles. as for the motor i dropped my good ole stock motor. buncha weight reduction and battery relocation and stuff.

Of course it was painted, regular Intake, full exhaust with headers as usual. Dropped it on konis with progress. adj fuel pressure reg was used along with the 4g map sensor.

so yeah the car is just basic, but its just in a readers ride. Not a feature. but since none of the readers have a good enough 3g i guess or did not care to subit it. So one day last month i was like, okay how about i submit my car to the SCC and i emailed them and told them that i would like to submit my car. and they were like okay, give us a pic and what u have done to the car and the future plan. And i did it and they posted it. Simple as that.

I saw the magazine today and god the pic is huge. I will get a scan of it soon and post it either tom or the day after. Unless someone else beats me to it.

Cool shit mang!

smufguy
10-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Cool shit mang!

why thank you sir ;)

Hash_man_Se_i
10-27-2004, 10:44 PM
F*ckin rights!! Thats soo cool. I was planning on sending pics of my car to them or to Honda Tuning pretty soon, looks like you beat me to it. I'm going complete old school JDM style, and hope to get in a mag next winter.

PortugalFocus
10-28-2004, 08:20 AM
That's wicked man. Congrats on the article!

smufguy
10-28-2004, 02:34 PM
That's wicked man. Congrats on the article!

thanks bro.

For everyone who wished me congrats, thanks fellas and i can see few more going to different magazines and websites and gettin exposure. Good luck fo all of you :)

AccordEpicenter
10-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Bought my copy today Praveen.... congrats!!!

smufguy
10-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Bought my copy today Praveen.... congrats!!!

thank you jason, i cant wait to see your car in person and on a mag buddy.

Justin86
10-29-2004, 10:01 AM
now if somebody can just get their car FEATURED in the mag, that would be super duper!! :D
You know I'm working on it......... the other flat black terror :D

guaynabo89
10-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Good job. I know it takes a litle bit of courage sending pictures in.

accordlxi2.0
11-01-2004, 03:15 PM
man that's sh!t is too cool.
congrats!!!!
but i thought you had the maroon one, and converted to efi.

smufguy
11-01-2004, 03:30 PM
man that's sh!t is too cool.
congrats!!!!
but i thought you had the maroon one, and converted to efi.

thanks man. lol, it was a carb and it in an accident two years back. This one used to be blue, but it was re painted to Creame. I hate the paint cause it has no seperate clear coat so i have to wax it every two weeks to keep the dirt off. The maroon one used to be efi in the hopes of getting the frame fixed, but it did not turn out to be possible. so i had to buy another shell and do my magic to it :D

accordlxi2.0
11-01-2004, 03:34 PM
yours is white no rust, just how i want mines.
mines is white but, has a lil' rust.
i like that man....
plus the fact that our cars are becoming famuos again.

danronian
11-06-2004, 07:24 AM
That is way too cool. I guess no one sends pics of our cars in to magazines b/c I am amazed there hasnt been pics printed of some of the more modified 3gs. I am going to search for that issue as soon as I get to the store though. Great accomplishment Preveen!

86LXItooFAST4me
11-06-2004, 07:45 AM
ha, i got it in the mail the other day. pretty sweet. kick ass man.

pearldrop
01-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey Praveen,
I saw your car in SCC and had to come by to say congrats!

Chris :rockon:

smufguy
01-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey Praveen,
I saw your car in SCC and had to come by to say congrats!

Chris :rockon:

lol thanks chris.

HKSdrift3r
01-13-2005, 05:39 PM
hell yea congrats bro.. i just saw it the turbo issue as well :thumbup:

smufguy
01-13-2005, 09:43 PM
hell yea congrats bro.. i just saw it the turbo issue as well :thumbup:

turbo issue???? what do u mean??? thanks for the wishes :D

Hash_man_Se_i
01-14-2005, 01:31 AM
I heard somene saying something about a 3rd gen being in turbo as well, we need proof.

smufguy
01-14-2005, 07:33 AM
I heard somene saying something about a 3rd gen being in turbo as well, we need proof.

ohreally??? im checking the news stands now and see what it is.

HKSdrift3r
01-15-2005, 02:22 PM
turbo issue???? what do u mean??? thanks for the wishes :D

as in the magazine called "Turbo" part of Primedia i believe.. its the december issue as well tho

smufguy
01-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Well March 05 Issue of Turbo Magazine has my car in there, so here is the scan of it. SO now i got into two magazines, funny, very funny.

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/6497/praveen5hl.th.jpg (http://img194.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img194&image=praveen5hl.jpg)

frankie89
01-30-2005, 09:22 PM
nice keep it going!!!