PDA

View Full Version : THE TWO BACK SPEAkERS

Koopsta
10-21-2004, 01:14 PM
hey ppl I was wondering if it is possible to fit a 8' sub where the two back speakers are w/o major mods or should i just get a boom tube to go back there :dunno: :help:

Vanilla Sky
10-21-2004, 02:36 PM
you can, but plan on removing some metal and reinforcing it with some MDF or fiberglass... just get a well suited small diameter sub in a properly tuned enclosure...

MarioBurke
10-21-2004, 06:17 PM
NOPE, the 6 inch sub even has a hard time fitting in the back with out some modification.

Sabz5150
10-21-2004, 08:59 PM
I remember at one of the meets that someone managed to stuff four 10's back there. Took a bit of custom work and holy hell did it pound!

TheSummoner101
10-23-2004, 08:06 AM
some1 told me that its not a good idea to have subs in the back speaker holes, and to use the whole trunk as a box...he said bad idea...

just get a box, it should be good enough! (they sell boxes at kragen for 5$ or so for 8" subs) or make one :D

HondaBoy
10-23-2004, 10:04 AM
if you remember the Sterling 825 and 827, those were the ones with the honda 2.5 and 2.7 V6's. anyway, those had 8in. speakers in the rear shelf. i remember they sounded good back in the day. i measured the speakers on one at the junkyard and they were 8's. i dont thing subs in the rear shelf would be too good, the sound quality would be kinda funky. i've found that there's not too many ways around smooth bass besides a nice band pass box. although for some people that could be a problem of space in the trunk, for me it wasnt considering i got a singe sub box. i still have some space for stuff. i did have room for 2 full size tires and a little extra room for tools and more. anyway, the Sterlings had 2 way speakers i think, maybe the were dual voice coils. anyway, i dont think they make any 8's with the versatility of an 8in. with low, mid, and high sounds much anymore. my friend at one time had his 12's put where the back seat was, that's when he didnt have a box for em. it didnt sound that great though, so i cant see how the rear shelf can be much better. i'd think that little air outlet on the left side of the trunk would let all the bass out, the air its trying to compress.