PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my "CRUISE CONTROL" back

nswst8
10-21-2004, 02:42 PM
After trouble shooting this for months, thinking it was the cruise control ecu and the actuator.

It turned out to be that the rubber stopper on the clutch pedal that depresses the clutch switch.

Honda couldn't get one in for me until next week so I frabricated one from a flat head bolt and a plastic cover cap.

Boy its good to have the cruise back.

Luis 89LXi
10-21-2004, 02:53 PM
which was the problem ?
mine does not work sometimes. someother works pretty good. i just changed switch on dash but not solve my prob. i need to test the swich on steering. its so f'ing tired to drive long trips whit out cruise c.

Luis

NXRacer
10-21-2004, 03:06 PM
lol i coulda sent you all the parts from mine that i ripped off 2 days after buying my car. that old school CC doesnt work for shit.

nswst8
10-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Do you have an aftermarket or what?

You gave sure a vaguh response. I do alot of driving and the cruise is so nice to kick in on those long stretches of road.

nswst8
10-21-2004, 04:01 PM
which was the problem ?
mine does not work sometimes. someother works pretty good. i just changed switch on dash but not solve my prob. i need to test the swich on steering. its so f'ing tired to drive long trips whit out cruise c.

Luis

The clutch switch was fine. I would check your actuator vacuum. But your going to have to be alittle more specific if you want us to help with your problem. There are alot of components associated with the cruise control.
Good luck

NXRacer
10-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Do you have an aftermarket or what?

You gave sure a vaguh response. I do alot of driving and the cruise is so nice to kick in on those long stretches of road.

lol i just ripped out the stock CC and left it out. I dont go on long trips that much and when i do i never use the CC anyway.