PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter locations

Brentm
10-21-2004, 11:22 PM
I need to know where the fuel filters are located and how to change them, pictures would be a big help! Is this something i can do myself, or do I gotta take my car in?

A20A1
10-22-2004, 01:30 AM
it's pretty easy to do yourself...

First off
The Front & Rear filter must be installed facing in the right direction, if you install it backwards it could cause problems.

Secondly
The Front filter is located near the brake fluid canister... it should be gold in color and have a rubber cover covering a portion of the metal case... it's fairly small and has red fuel lines connecting to it.

The Rear filter is located almost behind the rear drivers side tire... and is bolted to the side of the car... or gas tank, I forget which.

You may want to check the hose size for the fuel lines and buy replacement fuel lines and cut them to length... that way you can swap the filter and fuel lines all at the same time... this is good if you haven't replaced your lines in a while... oh you'll need hose clamps too.

Brentm
10-22-2004, 09:40 AM
I found the Filter that is upfront, but I cant find the rear filter, does anyone have a picture?

POS carb
10-22-2004, 09:49 AM
get under the car and look up next to the wheel, it bolts to the side of the tank and it's got 2 hoses, 1 in 1 out, and they are not straight across from eachother, it's kind of a v-shape. You take off the bracket and hoses and then you can pull it off. have a vise grip or some screws to plug the lines when u disconnect.

part #1 is the filter and #2 is the bracket u will see that holds it
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=4DR+DX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=FUEL+PUMP+%28CARB.%29

POS carb
10-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Sorry!

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13SE00_D15.gif

Brentm
10-22-2004, 12:30 PM
I must be a complete moron but i searched the whole area and couldnt find the filter.

A20A1
10-22-2004, 12:49 PM
did you look behind the tire?

Brentm
10-23-2004, 02:17 PM
well i took my rear tire off to see if i could find the fuel filter, and lone behold there was no second fitler, i see where it goes, and the line its suppsoed to be on, but there is no holder, and thelines are connected with an odd metal thing. And im definatly sure that my car is carb'd not fuel injected. Makes you wonder what people do to cars.

z3bra
10-23-2004, 02:52 PM
lol we just replaced the fuel filter in my lxi because the engine was only gettin fuel in limitations, so the car would surge, sometimes even die. When it was out you wanna talk about gross, it still had japanese writing on it to, lolol.