PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen. Newby Questions?

1986DxAccord
10-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey Everybody. I just bought an 86 Accord Dx 5 Speed. It was only 150 bucks. :cool: Im tryin to put it back together as original as I can. Well the owner before me lost his keys at a bar one night and had to "pop" the ignition (steering column) to get it home because they said they would have to tow it if it wasnt off the property. Well the steering column is in pieces. Also, the previous owner did'nt like how easy it was to steal the car after he jacked it up. So he decided to put a switch in between the fuel pump and battery. Well he ran it straight to the battery and I think he may have fried the fuel pump or the main relay. Any Ideas? And another question...In the fuse box under the hood, how many relays (the square things at the top) :rolleyes: are there supposed to be. Theres one but it looks like theres 3 missin???? Theres only the holes. It looks like somethin usta go there. And another question. Theres two wires goin to the fuel pump. a yellow and a black. Would'nt the black be a ground, Well thats the one he has ran to the battery. Wtf? Im tryin to save myself from payin 68.95 for a pump that I dont need or will end up fuckin up.

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. I know I sound like a newb. Well I am to the 3rd Generation Accord. I have owned two 1995 Accord Ex's and loved those to death. And I've owned probably 10 Cr-x's. I Love Hondas!!! I have always loved how these old accords look and drive and im glad to own one.

A20A1
10-23-2004, 01:19 AM
yeah yellow is on with ignition ( + )

1986DxAccord
10-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Thanks alot man.

smufguy
10-25-2004, 08:24 AM
Relays:
1) one (Square, black) if you have no power windows.
2) Two (square, black) if you have power windows.
3) Two square (black) and one circular (silver) if you have a efi

i see you have a DX which is a carb. If your fuel pump is fried. I got one for sale for $20 shipped. So u can get that.

As for the steering column. If its fucked. I would say go to the junkyard and pull one. Its easy to pull it out. All you need is a 12mm and a 10mm and a socket to remove the steering wheel. Pull the steering column (the dash dont have to be removed). Once u do that get the locks on the gas/trunk release (near the driver seat), both the front door locks and the trunk lock and the glove lock (if u want). Oh yeah, dont forget the key for it too. Some junkyard have keys for the cars so ask them.

1986DxAccord
10-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks sooo damn much man. So all I should have is one relay? Thats all I got. Im goin to the junkyard tomorrow. Thanks for tellin me thast shit cause all I was goin to get was the steering column. I didn't even think about the locks. They should have keys. Its a pretty big junkyard. And I need that fuel pump. Pm sent. Thanks alot man.

Chris

smufguy
10-25-2004, 07:44 PM
i did not get ur pm dude.

1986DxAccord
10-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Another pm sent...