PDA

View Full Version : 10 Disc Cd changer help needed....

Mike's89AccordLX
10-23-2004, 08:11 AM
I bought a bunch of stereo stuff from Link (Hostilejava's brother) and I installed all of the stuff and for some reason the cd changer won't eject the cd cartridge out of it. I pushed the button and it seems like it wants to eject but it doesn't. Anything I can do to fix this b/c until my in dash dvd/cd/mp3 player arrives I dont have anything but a radio.

And the system without the new speakers for fronts and rears installed and amped kicks ass already. And the flip out tv monitor that I bought from link is just badass!!!

I figured theres some easy fix for the cd changer b/c link wouldnt send me something thats broken.

-Mike

Its a Pyle 10 disc cd changer if that helps.

86LXItooFAST4me
10-23-2004, 09:17 AM
i know on some CD changers it matters if you have it horizontal or vertical. and on some they have a little switch on the side to set it to the right setting. i really dont know alot about that stuff, but maybe that will help??

Mike's89AccordLX
10-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Yeah I see that it has that switch but I have tried it all different angles. A guy from work said maybe it needs to be lubricated (that cartridge cage) or one of the springs inside is bad. I don't really want to buy a new one without finding the problem on this one and trying to fix it first.

Is there any harm in dissembling it?

86LXItooFAST4me
10-23-2004, 10:13 AM
thats what i was about to say. take the outer covering off. see if you can see anything spring wise and maybe see if its jammed.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Well I took it apart and all the springs look good and it looks like all the wires are still connected. I saw this one gear that looks like it operates the cartridge holder. And it looked like it was popped up a little bit so I took it off and put it back on. And now it sits level. I don't want to use WD40 to lube the gears. I don't have any assembly lube and that's what should be used so I will just go back outside and test it.

-Mike

86LXItooFAST4me
10-23-2004, 10:42 AM
go to an auto store or radio shack and get di-electric grease or lithium grease. spark blug boot grease is the same as di-electic

86LXItooFAST4me
10-24-2004, 05:17 AM
hey, you get it fixed?

Mike's89AccordLX
10-24-2004, 08:23 AM
no and I havent heard from hostilejava or his brother about it either. I know they're busy and all but I still bought broken stuff from him :(

HostileJava
10-25-2004, 08:59 AM
Mike I responded on the other board and it's only been like 1.5 days since you posted it.