PDA

View Full Version : i want to know wich is better bs1 a20a2

SHURIK
10-23-2004, 12:32 PM
my 86 has a bs1 motor it runs but kinda crapyish so i wana know is it worth fixing and having a spare motor like it needs the botom end done and pistons and head work so a whole rebuild but i remeber my 86 had loads of power compared to my 87 with the a20a2 i also have a a20a3 with 20,000km so out of theas 3 wich is best to do a rebuild like a high compretion rebuild and porting cause rightnow i am hunting for a good body but ones i find a body i wana do it right with a bad ass motor and i wana stay carbd so tell me wich is the best to rebuild and get the power out of and i dont mean stock carb i will do a hyundai carb swap with a transfer plate and that carb has a manual choke so that baby will start any time i want it to

shepherd79
10-23-2004, 02:04 PM
BS and A20A1 motors are the same.
if you want to rebuild or drop into your car, you want A20a3. it has higher compression. it is not much and i don't think you will see much diff.

SHURIK
10-23-2004, 06:35 PM
ok i wana do a motor rebuild where can a get a preformance crank and cam and pistons all the other shit i will order from honda and how much can i bore my block cause i know a good shop and thay do it cheap for me so whats the max i can bore my block and i wana do some bad ass pistons so i can have some harsh compretion and i will port the crap out of the head so help me out i wana see what kinda ponys this block has hiden inside , so come on help me out :rice:and yea i will invest in a webber kit and a exaust manifold and a straight pipe no cats no mufler just a flex pipe and the rest is pipe

Elijah
10-23-2004, 06:39 PM
www.kmodifiedracing.com if they are still around I know some people tryed getting ahold of them and couldnt

A20A1
10-23-2004, 06:39 PM
You need to send a stock crank in to get modified...

SHURIK
10-23-2004, 07:41 PM
You need to send a stock crank in to get modified...
and what would that cost cause i will rip the crank out of my a20a3 cause it only has 20,000 km on it and will it fit the bs1 block and what would thay do to my crank to mod it or what should i ask them to do ??? :dunno:

SHURIK
10-24-2004, 07:53 AM
and what would that cost cause i will rip the crank out of my a20a3 cause it only has 20,000 km on it and will it fit the bs1 block and what would thay do to my crank to mod it or what should i ask them to do ??? :dunno: :help: hey someone has to know hook me up and tell me some of thease things so that i know

shepherd79
10-24-2004, 08:38 AM
search around the board. we have info about pistons and rods. the crank, it is fine the way it is. it is bullet proof.
you can't bore it out anymore. the block at its max size. you can't go any higher, unless you custom make stoke kit.

SHURIK
10-24-2004, 10:04 AM
ucant be seriose i cant bore it at all not even a pinch wow that sucks cause i was hopeing to get it to a 2.2L and be the coolest ok that idea is out the window so pistons and rods ok i can still play with that also the head valves springs retaners and cams where can i get some good shit