PDA

View Full Version : my secondary conversion

shepherd79
07-28-2002, 04:54 PM
well, it is been long since i did it, almost 3 weeks, and it still not done. i am still battling about fuel problems. it feels like i am running lean when i am actually running rich :werd:
well i will figure out one day or another or one day i will say F*** this and do Weber conversion.
but for now i am gonna drive the way it is.
so here is what i did.
i took the pictures of the system i experimented but i did the same thing on my carb.
Yes, i have a bad news for you guys. You will have to take the carb you and it is not fun, unless you will do the A20A1 conversion.
well the pictures should explain for them selfs.
i want to apologize for the bad quality of the pictures, my camera sucks. buti think you will get the idea.

shepherd79
07-28-2002, 04:57 PM
in this picture, i had to shave that little nob. if don't shave it, it will hit the main braket and you won't be able to open neather one.
after you shave it, you will have to use the braket that A20A1 suggested to use it.

shepherd79
07-28-2002, 04:58 PM
and here is the last picture.

A20A1
07-28-2002, 05:05 PM
What vaccum ports did you plug?

you can reffer to the keihin rebuild page doug made. since it lables the holes.

POS carb
07-28-2002, 09:40 PM
umm when i did it all it required was a 10mm hand wrench and like 10 minutes, i sure as hell didn't have to drill anything, how does yours work

doug
07-29-2002, 03:49 AM
it looks like what you are doing with drilling the holes and putting a screw in is creating a new "bar" that hits the secondary linkage before the stock one and thus opens the secondary sooner. The various holes give different timing options as to when the secondary opens. Interesting to say the least. The linkage piece from the a/c idle boost is still needed to lock the linkage. So it's basically the same setup with timing options added.

shepherd79
07-29-2002, 04:18 AM
yeap, that is what i did, i just added a bew bar so it will hit earlier.
I didn't plug any vacuum hoses. Should I?
with the AC linkage you will hit later but with my set up i hit almost at the same time.