PDA

View Full Version : so this lady rear-ended me..

sofaking_bob
10-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Alright. I'm going home with my mom and I'm stopped at a redlight. I look in my rear view that this lady in a taurus is coming pretty fast and i think to myself that she should stop... I'm looking adn she still isnt' stopped.. She's coming pretty damn fast and so I brace myself and make sure that my foot is on the brake so that I don't hit this civic in front of me.. Then it happened.. BAM! Hit me.. A cop saw the whole thing and told us to pul over in the parking lot of this bank.. The lady gets out of the car and says that she's so sorry.. and that her car has been messing up a lot lately(yeah right), all the time holding an ice cream cone.. So the cop asks if there was any damage done as I'm looking at the car, I told him that other than my rear bumper haning just a bit lower than it was before and it looking like somone rammed into it at 20 miles an hour.. No, there was no visisble damage but I wanted to have it looked at to make sure that there wasn't anything damaged that wasn't visible. So yeah, he's all writing up the report adn he's asking us what happened.. I told him that she hit me.. She goes back to the malfunction thing, then the cop noticed that her work shirt said "Jaspers auto repair" and he's like.. "You work at Jaspers.. and you can't get anyone to fix your car?" She said that it was something with the transmission. Cop's all like.. Well that wouldn't keep you from stopping I don't reckon.. He told me that the report would be ready on Monday and sent both of us on our ways.. So as I'm pulling into my drive I turned the wheel and there's this clicking sound. I didn't really pay any attention to it though. Later on that night I had to go to the store so I'm in my car, again with the clicking. We went and did our shopping and on the way out it's clicking again, but much louder and much more often. then, BAM! I don't know what happened, but it popped really loud. So now i'm mashing the gas, and I can hear the engine, but I'm not going anywhere. I can turn the wheels and put it into gear, but when you let off of the clutch there's this sort of grinding/clicking sound, but still no movement. So did like the driveshaft disenguage or something? I feel that this happened due to the wreck, but is it possible? Any solutions would be most appreciated.

SHURIK
10-24-2004, 07:29 AM
same thind happent to me but a cab hit me but the cab driver sayse he dint see me and ran off i had to call the owner of the cab company and tell him i am going to sue him persanaly if the cab isent found cause after he hit me i wrote down the cab # and plate # but the cocksucker wouldent give me his id isurens and then took off after i called the cab dispact thay claimed that the cab # i gave them was wrong cause that cab dint exist i called the owner and told him he was going to be paying for evrything and all of a suden the cab reapeard on thier computers : but yea are cars dont like it in the rear ur exaust is fuckt for shure probly ur flex pipe ript a bit thats what happent to myne and my trany started to shuder and my rear alingment is fuckt so but ur 5 spd so u could have only ript somthing if u were in gear and holding ur clutch but cheak out ur mufler wich is probly fuckt and ur flex pipe

AccordEpicenter
10-24-2004, 07:48 AM
im gonna say it fuct your axle up... i think you may have broke either a transmission or a cv joint... Check it out

nswst8
10-24-2004, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't keep trying to engage the clutch cause you will damage the flywheel. As to the possibility of the accident causing this thats is possible but highly unlikely again anything is possible be prepared for them to say that the clutch was going to go anyways and that they are not responsible.

But the thing to remember is That the insurance companies responsibility is to "PUT YOU BACK TO THE WAY YOU WHERE BEFORE THE ACCIDENT" I forget the phase for this. Had to file suit against Statefarm once cause they tried to cash out the car for $1400 we got $5000.00. It was a small clains suit no lawyer needed. Just a filing fee.

sofaking_bob
10-24-2004, 04:11 PM
i guess that it makes sense to me that the transmission could be a little messed up since i laid on both the clutch and the brake when i figured that she wasn't stopping.. makes sense that the exhaust would be fucked too, but that wouldn't keep me from acually moving.. as far as enguaging the clutch... yeah, i'm not a big fan of grinding noises.. i only did it the one time and just long enough to figure that it was fucked up.. i don't know who this ladies insurance carrier is, but i'm getting the police report tomorrow.. i'll find out then, my insurance company said that i'm to call them and make them give me a rental car. woot! but damn i'm pissed about this.. thanks a lot.

88Accord-DX
10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
You're both losing me with transmission and clutch. If you have a clutch, then you have a transaxle. It sounds like your axle has slipped out the transaxle case somewhat, if is grinds. You better check that out A.S.A.P. before your looking at more problems with the transaxle.

I got hit in the ass-end just the other day too. My car was parked though. I'm feelin' you. I know the insurance agency is going to try to give me "blue book value". I'm going to be like "f*ck you", I got too much money in this car. I might settle for 3 1/2 grand if they pull that sh*t.

*edit* I'm pissed also, I better get a rental car too. His insurance rate is fu*ked!

sofaking_bob
10-25-2004, 02:50 AM
when whatever happened.. happened? (does that sound right?) the car was pretty much rendered immobile.. not when the lady hit me, but later on that same day.. preceeded my much clicking when turning the wheel.. but as of right now it's parked at the high school in town.. until monday'ish.. which is today.. then i'm having it towed, but i haven't the slightest idea where.. i'm pretty damn sure that it isn't totalled.. you can't even really see where she hit me.. it's all in the innards of the car that's messed up.. i'm not sure if, after repairs and all, i will be offered a settlement.. if i am then i hope that it is at least a fair amount.. the blue book value of the car is like.. 2 grand or something.. something.. and mine WAS in really good shape.. anyway.. i'll find out sometime today..

sofaking_bob
10-25-2004, 01:17 PM
so i woke up today at around noon... my mom was on the phone talking to someone..talking about my car.. she gets off of the phone and says "alright, car's ready" so they had the car towed and fixed before i even woke up.. the guy at the fixin' place said that when tameron packed the drums on my cv they must not have packed one right... and that for 5 dollars more they could have replaced them which is what they needed to do.. so that's what he did.. said that it could have been their neglegence, or it could be the collision, or it could be both.. most likely it was both.. anyway.. it's fixed..

89AccordCpe
10-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Slide under the car, grab the drive side axle and see if it moves around. The axle snapped on my other accord and the car did the same thing after it broke. Lots of grinding as the tranny spun one side of the axle, but the car went nowhere because the outer shaft was busted inside the outer boot.