PDA

View Full Version : freaking water in the main relay!! :angry:

maka_RTH
10-25-2004, 01:36 AM
so yah, i went to the store to talk to my friend real quick and get some snacks(yes, i know, it's the middle of the night, i'm nocturnal). i go out to start my car, and it doesn't freaking start, and it's like its not getting fuel. my main relay is just dangling, cuz it's a pain in the arse to put it back where it goes, right? so, i grab it to see if it's working correctly.., and lo and behold, it's soppin wet. the thing was filled with water, which means i have freaking water leaking in by my pedals(it's been raining for almost a week)! anyways, since my friend works there, i borrowed his car and ran to my parents house and grabbed a good relay, and then it started right up. moral of the story is, if you have you main relay hanging, make sure it's still sitting somewhere so that the wires are still going down coming out of it, so water by chance doesn't fill up the main relay :angry:

smufguy
10-25-2004, 08:17 AM
i suppose you dont have ur cruize control and a leaking hood seal. i have had water leak in, thru the curze control cable hole. BUt its all patched up now and my relay is on the kick panel area bolted straight up with the cover on top. I tend not to leave relays hanging. relays dont like shock.