PDA

View Full Version : Just got an 89 Accord LX

VQ35DE
10-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Howzit, folks. I just got me an 89 Accord LX. I'm just wondering whether or not the Honda dealership will take a look at it.

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-25-2004, 03:42 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't look at it. What do you need to have looked at?

VQ35DE
10-25-2004, 04:56 PM
I don't know yet. It's just that I had a bad experience with the 89 Accord LX I had before this one. I got it for about 300 bucks from the guy after he said that he would fix anything that was wrong with it. The first week, something felt a bit screwy about the steering so I got it seen at Midas. Had to have the upper and lower arms relaced, the tie rods, break shoes, master cylinder, and the rack & pinion. Almost about 2 grand in repairs. My mom made me junk it. ><

I'm bringing it in so I basically know what I'm dealing with. The first Accord was supposed to be my daily driver to and from work/school. Since I just got a new Pathfinder, I can work on the 3gee on the side.

accordlxi2.0
10-26-2004, 06:48 AM
yea they'll take a look at it, but first check on the recalls, then call your nearest dealership.
they'll ask for the nvin and so on, while they have the car in the shop you can have them check stuff out.