PDA

View Full Version : Hatchie dies

BlueBead
10-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Tragically my '87 carbed auto hatch died on the 21st of october. :sad2:
The one good thing is that it wasn't my fault. :dunno:
I was heading south into the city to pickup the head off of my new 88 accord which just got a valve job and resurfacing. The Hwy I was on has a speed limit of 110km/h (Canada) [-thats ~70mph] and I was doing probably 145 [90mph]in the fast lane coming around a corner when i saw a flatbed worktruck ahead of me hit a bump going onto a bridge and lose a big orchard ladder. The ladder bounced way up in the air and spread open across both southbound lanes. I saw the truck hit its brakes for a couple of seconds, and then sped off :mad: . I hit the brakes and switched on my hazards right away and managed to stop before hitting the ladder, and so did the guy in the really nice VW carado that had been following me. Then the big cargo truck that had been a couple of cars behind me slammed into a pickup behind the VW, which sent him into the VW, which sent him into me. All of these vehicles except the big truck are now writeoffs. the pickup was munched so badly that the box shrank by half and the cab was twisted 80 degrees so the drivers door was almost parallel with the ground. The engine was pushed about a foot into the firewall and the guy in the pickup had to kick out his windshield to get out. The Carrado was trashed too, and the guy had to crawl out his passenger door because his driver side had been crunched in against the concrete divider. I had to get out the passenger side too because my whole driver side was pushed in about 3 inches and I couldn't get the stupid door open, even high on adrenaline. Then we all got out and away from the gasoline spilled on the road. The hwy was shut down for 3h.
I wish I knew whose truck that was.... :mad:
Poor damned car. At least no one was seriously hurt.
I took some pics of the hatch and will post them soon. Now that I have whiplash I seem to have lots of extra time to kill, especially since I have to wait to put my other car back together. :burn:

accordlxi2.0
10-26-2004, 06:51 AM
oh man . . . .glad noone was hurt, what an ass.

FatDave
10-26-2004, 12:26 PM
* pours some code red mountain dew for the fallen homie *