PDA

View Full Version : Brights, but no dims??

rleyba
10-26-2004, 04:54 AM
Sometimes my dims go out completely, but the brights work. Are the bulbs giving out? Do I need new headlamps? Where can I get replacements for a reasonable price, if that's the case? Thanks :sad2:

AZmike
10-26-2004, 11:01 AM
The combination switch is the most common cause of this problem. The high beams use a relay, but the low beam run all the current through the switch.

rleyba
10-26-2004, 11:20 AM
I have replaced the combo switch before. I went to autozone and bought a pair of lamps for 20 bux, I guess I'll give that a try. I hope they fix the problem, how difficult are they to install? Thanks again.

The combination switch is the most common cause of this problem. The high beams use a relay, but the low beam run all the current through the switch.

Vinny
10-26-2004, 11:31 AM
If its both the left and right lights that are going out then it narrows it down to the combination switch. Unless you changed it with a NEW combo switch from honda theres nothing to say that its not going out again. Each headlight is on a seperate fuse so the odds of it being the bulbs are very slim. Power for the headlights comes from 19 under the hood, then into the combination switch then taps into the seperate fuses under the dash. There are seperate fuses for the left high beam, right high bean, left low beam and right low beam.

rleyba
10-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi Vinny,

It's both lights, so then it must be the combo switch. I had a problem with it when all the instrument panel lights, heater control, etc. lights went out. I replaced the combo switch and that got fixed. The problem with the headlights comes and goes...soooo I should just take the lamps back for a refund huh. Can you still get me pics of the gear piece for the speedo cable...yeah remember me? thanks vinny!!!

If its both the left and right lights that are going out then it narrows it down to the combination switch. Unless you changed it with a NEW combo switch from honda theres nothing to say that its not going out again. Each headlight is on a seperate fuse so the odds of it being the bulbs are very slim. Power for the headlights comes from 19 under the hood, then into the combination switch then taps into the seperate fuses under the dash. There are seperate fuses for the left high beam, right high bean, left low beam and right low beam.

TheSummoner101
10-30-2004, 05:44 PM
the combo swiches are poorly made in my opinion...try opening them up and cleaning the connectors inside...sometimes greese and other crap get in there...i had that happen with my windsheild wiper switch. cleaned them up worked like a charm.