PDA

View Full Version : Tapping Sound

phoenxislayer15
10-26-2004, 11:25 AM
At my chamber door "Driverside Tire", I heard a rapping "Constant Tapping" says the raven "me", nevermore "SHIT". Any ideas...

phoenxislayer15
10-26-2004, 11:59 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Nevermind ID10T error. 3 loss lugz.

smufguy
10-26-2004, 03:35 PM
At my chamber door "Driverside Tire", I heard a rapping "Constant Tapping" says the raven "me", nevermore "SHIT". Any ideas...

damn..... i could not understand any of it. :ugh:

AccordAddict
10-27-2004, 01:02 PM
does it make a ticking sound when you accelerate? my car does that too, i dunno what it is it just popped up outta nowhere.

86LXItooFAST4me
10-27-2004, 01:09 PM
"Deewww waaatt nnooowww??" :bong:

SteveDX89
10-27-2004, 01:19 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Nevermind ID10T error. 3 loss lugz.

Please read the thread completely. His wheel was almost rolling beside the car.

smufguy
10-27-2004, 07:36 PM
sorry, coming from a third world country and brought up in british english, i was never exposed to this kinda new english. Sorry i could recognize what he was talking about in his first post ;)

88Accord-DX
10-27-2004, 10:04 PM
sorry, coming from a third world country and brought up in british english, i was never exposed to this kinda new english. Sorry i could recognize what he was talking about in his first post ;)
You thought you was lost, I was too!! For a second, I thought a door had camber. :lol:

smufguy
10-27-2004, 10:34 PM
You thought you was lost, I was too!! For a second, I thought a door had camber. :lol:

:dunno: :rofl: :kekeke:

maka_RTH
10-28-2004, 01:38 AM
lol, edgar allen poe.., never thought about that and cars together lol

SteveDX89
10-28-2004, 02:44 AM

I wasn't talking to you, bud.

phoenxislayer15
10-28-2004, 07:52 AM
I got a question though, like when I drive over 55 and brake the whole car shakes. When I turn to the right or left the car is REALLY loud with all sorts of noises.

Any ideas....

86LXItooFAST4me
10-28-2004, 08:16 AM
CV axles, when you turn it makes a bunch of clacking sounds right? check your front axles out. and the car shakin when you brake sounds like warped rotors so check out your breaking system, get your rotors turned or buy new ones. hope this helps.

Blue Impact
10-28-2004, 09:35 AM
does it make a ticking sound when you accelerate? my car does that too, i dunno what it is it just popped up outta nowhere.

Loud ticking? My 3G did that once and it was because the header was loose.

phoenxislayer15
10-28-2004, 01:09 PM
CV axles, when you turn it makes a bunch of clacking sounds right? check your front axles out. and the car shakin when you brake sounds like warped rotors so check out your breaking system, get your rotors turned or buy new ones. hope this helps.

Yea, front left rotor is scraped all to hell, and it makes a clacking sound. How would I fix that though?

86LXItooFAST4me
10-28-2004, 01:25 PM
the rotor just replace, any part store should have them. and the clacking, if it only makes the sound during a turn its gotta be a CV axle. those are easy to change, just a little bit of work. there are a few different ways of changing them. the text book says to take the hub apart (take the wheel off. have to take the nut out of the middle, and they are also torqued, im not sure as to what) and lower the bottom a-arm. from there you just pull the axles out, they just pop in/out. but do a search on "CV Axle" in the HOW TO section and it would give you better details. i know there are a few threads about it. most shops onlt charge around 100-150 to replace them if you wanna go that route. a chilton book is always very informative with these also, find these at any part store as well as wal-marts and what not.

but do a search on the CV Axle. you can do a visiual inspection on the axles. just get under the car and grab ahold and see if there is any excessive play. alot of the time the boot will be torn on the bad axle. thats also a tell tell sign its bad.