PDA

View Full Version : rough idle and hissing

86_lx-i_hgreenIII
10-26-2004, 05:09 PM
it just started today after the car has been sitting for a while i start it and it is very rough sometimes cutting off

i checked out the engine and the only thing that seems wrong is that there is a hissing sound that coming from the fuel injector area (the first injector from the
passenger side of the car).

i cannot do to much right now its dark any of you had similar experiences or know whats up

p.s. injectors do have a glazzed area aroung them so i know the leak a little

89 accord sei

accordlxi2.0
10-26-2004, 05:11 PM
hissing most of the time indicates a vacuum leak.
does the engine shake and do you smell raw fuel from the tail pipe . . . . .

86_lx-i_hgreenIII
10-27-2004, 08:20 PM
the idle is very rough and it does shake the car
it hasent done it today so i couldn't smell the exhaust.
the hissing sound is not really hissing.
its really low (you cannot hear it when the car is on) you can just hear it when the car is off, barely. it sounds bubbly like when you shake up pop
and you turn the top just enough for the air and bubbles to escape

ALSO
when i drive it it will some times make a ticking sound as i accelrate and i get a little smoke out of my exhaust

HondaBoy
10-27-2004, 08:33 PM
could it possibley be an area there where your getting a leakage of fuel or something? i'd think that'd be possible since it will be a high pressure fuel system because its fuel injection. maybe a malfuntion of the injector itself. look at your computer under the driver's seat, see if its send any signals. if it is, it will have a blinking LED light or lights in a certain order or pattern. if im not mistaken arent the fuel injectors plugged in with wires since it would be run by the computer unlike a mechanical FI system?

86_lx-i_hgreenIII
10-29-2004, 08:22 AM
didnt get any codes

whats wrong if you have raw fuel in the exhaust

HondaBoy
10-29-2004, 10:08 AM
if you mean raw fuel as in unburned fuel, that would possibley mean there is no spark to a certain cylinder. this could be that a plug is bad, bad wire, bad cap or rotor. something to that effect because if its got raw gas in the exhaust itself, there's fuel getting to the cylinder. see if your plugs and wires are all good, if they are, then chech the distributor cap, those like to mess things up, especially if they're old. hope you can get this problem fixed easily.