PDA

View Full Version : engine change

Velts1
10-27-2004, 12:14 PM
firstly my english is very bad (I live in estonia) but my problem is that I want to change my 89 accord aerodeck engine my existing engine is B20A3 and I want to insert Honda prelude dohc engine can I do this and what more I have do change when I change my engine.

thegreatdane
10-28-2004, 06:35 AM
firstly my english is very bad (I live in estonia) but my problem is that I want to change my 89 accord aerodeck engine my existing engine is B20A3 and I want to insert Honda prelude dohc engine can I do this and what more I have do change when I change my engine.

Welcome my friend. I suppose you mean A20A3 instead of B20A3 and that you want to swap in the 86-87 prelude DOHC 16v B20A1 engine. And yes you can do this. The best is to get the ECU from the prelude along with the engine and if you can then get the wires going from the engine to the ECU along with it as well that will make it easier when you have to match your existing ECU wiring harness to the PJ5 ecu (B20A1 ECU). There's alot of great info on this forum on how to put in the B20A. The B20A is the japanese version of the B20A1 and has 160hp. The B20A1 only has 137hp.