PDA

View Full Version : Sliding Subs

AccordAddict
10-27-2004, 01:24 PM
My 12" sub slides all over the place in the trunk. I noticed the carpet isnt stable at all its just like a piece thrown in there. How do you keep the carpet in place from sliding around?

z3bra
10-27-2004, 03:10 PM
well you could use double sided tape :P

TheSummoner101
10-27-2004, 04:09 PM
bold down the sub....also adds security :D

MrBen
10-27-2004, 04:19 PM
I was a real cheap guy and found some foam double sided tape and taped it to the carpet. Then I used bungee cords :D

I would have bolted it to the car but there wasn't much reason to since I took it out whenever I could

Also, if you would have searched, you would have found

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=20778&highlight=slide

AccordAddict
11-09-2004, 09:00 AM
I think im gonna use a staple gun and staple the carpet to the plastic board under it and maybe use L brackets to secure the sub.

POS carb
11-10-2004, 01:48 PM
use one or more of the following:
# 1 staple gun or nail the carpet down by the taillights
#2 put some rubber under the subs (a little pack of like 8 round rubber feet will do it, the thin ones)
# 3 is kind of a mission, drill a hole on the bottom of the box and bolt it down
#4 on my old subs I bolted L-brackets to the floor around the box

danronian
11-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Here is what I suggest:
Since the stock plastic or fiberboard under your carpet will just rip through or bend from the weight of the subs just install a piece of real thin board in it's place, I did it and then used "L" brackets and love the results. I used to have my sub mounted near by back seat but when I moved it toward the back, it nearly collapsed the stock board, so it neccesitated that I beef it up anyhow. Don't drill into the gas tank!

87AccordsterLx
11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
L brackets are definitely the easiest and most secure method. Buy the bracket that allows the bolt or screw's head to slide in and out. You can even remove the box without taking the screws out if you set it up correctly. :)

buds302
11-17-2004, 03:24 PM
ok in my personal experience i found that bolting down the box is a bad idea. what if you get a flat? how the hell are you gonna get the tire out? if you only got one sub and a really small box. then sure bolt it down. but if you have something larger.the bungee cords are your best bet.

Bryan
11-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Ok get industrial strength or very heavy duty velcro. The thick kind and use a staple gun and staple it to the bottom of your box. Put the box in your trunk, press down and it shouldn't go anywhere. Mine doesn't.

my86dx4dr
11-17-2004, 03:33 PM
#4 on my old subs I bolted L-brackets to the floor around the box
thats what i always do. they say it helps the subs perform. because it holds the box closer the the car in a way.

and one big bolt in the box helps for security

POS carb
11-23-2004, 01:26 PM
i've gotten 3 flats never had a spare tire :b
this bitch always gets me home!